Leigh-Anna
ryann.drougas

Should 13 year old girls be told they aren't as important as adults?

Leigh-Anna

Con

Should i be told that i'm not as important to society because I'm thirteen the answer is no. here are my three reasons for this.
1. i'm a human being to.
am i an alien because i' thirteen? should i be told i can't express my feelings like everyone else because i' thirteen.
2. i will grow up to be one of the future adults of america
when you die who is going to take are of the united states or the world? The answer is the youth of america. i will be taking your place in society so why am i not important society .
to sum it up i am just as important s any adult because i'm a human being too and i will eventually become as important as you. if you kep treating us like this we will grow o resent america/where we live
ryann.drougas

Pro

Well, I agree as teens we are owed at least some respect. But we are NOT as important as adults for the fact that they are more knowledgeable and have been around longer to be more wise. They have to get jobs to put food on the table and pay rent or mortgage. They pay taxes and have to pay for gas, heat, A/C. You name it. So yes they are more important.
Leigh-Anna

Con

I would like to point out that my opponent didn't refute my arguments therefore they still stand. I'm not asking whether or not they are more important I am asking whether they should tell teenagers this small fact. Here is why they shouldn't
1. Well telling a teenager this fact could cause self esteem problems. If you were told that you aren't as important as adults wouldn't it damage you a little?

Thanks
LA

P.S. I thank you for all the comments. For the person who said I didn't use proper grammar I am sorry Mam/Sir i will try to do better.
ryann.drougas

Pro

This is an unreasonable question. You can not research the question nor have a true opinion on the matter. It is not like you were asking my opinion on abortion or gay marriage. But on a situation that probably happened to you. It is not a political debate or debate how something is better than the other ie. McDonald's vs. Burger King. This is a one sided debate.
Leigh-Anna

Con

notice that my opponet doesn't attack my argument but attacks my right to start this debate so he shouldn't have signed up in the first place
ryann.drougas

Pro

1. I am a girl and
2. I can't debate a dumb question that is one sided
3. To answer the question, yes they should be told they are less important because it's sort of true. Adults pay taxes , mortgage, rent and so on. They aren't coddled and spoiled. The have to make their own money and buy food to put on the table. They have to take care of ignorant kids like you. Don't be a hippocrite and try actually debating back yourself and give me more to argue with, not just just about how nescient you are.
Posted by wolfman4711 3 years ago
wolfman4711
"Not as important" the question has some bias for sure
Posted by ryann.drougas 3 years ago
ryann.drougas
I agree! Finally someone understands that I am not saying teens and kids don't deserve respect but society is based off kids and their needs.
Posted by RangersHockey 3 years ago
RangersHockey
If you want respect for teens, at least use good grammar.

I, as a 27 year old man, think that society is incredibly biased against teens and children. It makes me so angry, and it did 10 years ago too.
Posted by ryann.drougas 3 years ago
ryann.drougas
I see what toy are saying, and it makes a lot of sense. In my mind though adults are more important because they don't have any resources any more, no one to keep an eye on them, nurture them. Our child worshiping is getting out of hand, we coddle them too much, and we are afraid to say no to our kids or to punish them. Most adults don't have that and are forced to make there own money, put a roof over their heads, and food on the table. Can you say that about most kids? Adults deserve more rights, more respect, and are more important in my eyes. Even though I am only thirteen I believe this with all my heart,
Posted by devout_skeptic 3 years ago
devout_skeptic
Ya ryann.drougas I see how that could be argued now. I would still argue that many young people are currently engaged in activities that make them more important than the activities engaged in by many adults. There is also the issue of potentiality. Many younger people are simply developing and will eventually become important (by whatever criteria we are assigning importance). Certainly Einstein may have been considered unimportant in his youth but it took that person having those experiences and attitudes to become later in life a great discoverer of physical laws.
Posted by ryann.drougas 3 years ago
ryann.drougas
I agree with you devout_skeptic but adults are a little more important
Posted by devout_skeptic 3 years ago
devout_skeptic
I would accept the challenge if the question was worded "Should 13 year old girls have the same rights as adults". I don't think very many reasonable people would argue that they are unimportant.