Darshita
PowerPikachu21

Should 2000 rupees be in india

Con Tied Pro
Who did you believe won the debate?
Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Voting Period

Darshita

Con

Indian prime minister to launch 2000 rupees and 500 rupees in a new design
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Not to be confused with the Legend of Zelda currency, Rupees are an Indian currency on Earth. It's worth 1.5 american pennies. 2,000 rupees would be worth exactly 3,000 pennies, or $30.

I'll go into depth later on why there shouldn't be 2,000 rupees... or why there should. The burdens aren't clear. [I'll make a weak argument. Don't worry.]
Darshita

Con

Narendra modi in just one night announced a new currency releasing what is this . people cannot go to banks in lines to exchange old 500 notes
PowerPikachu21

Pro

My Burden of Proof is still not clear. I'm taking it that I should argue why 2,000 rupees should be in India. I did say I'd make a weak argument.

So 2,000 rupees are in India, meaning $30. Now, that actually isn't a whole lot american dollars. However, 2,000 itself is a big number. India would be fine with such money. Though I think there should be even more, 2,000 is moderate.

Con never made a clear argument, and her side isn't obvious. There's a new currency? Okay. Rupees are getting redesigned? Alright. that doesn't mean anything, really. Debate is about explaining why your side is correct. If you're not arguing for or against anything, it isn't a debate. If you want to make another debate, clearly state the topic, as well as what you think about it.