GooseOnTheLoose
rumaysah

Should A Man Be Allowed To Retaliate If He Is Hit By A Woman?

GooseOnTheLoose

GooseOnTheLoose

Pro

Ok, first off I want to say that I do not agree with a man hitting or attacking a woman for no reason. However, if a woman decides to lay her hands on a man, then she should be prepared to be hit back! I believe in equal rights between both men and women, and I think it is completely justified for a man to retaliate if a woman hits the man first.
rumaysah

Con

I agree to some degree with you. As a man being "superior" (and i use his word very carefully) it is immoral to hit the woman back. I do believe in equal rights for somethings. But this is a case of violence and (as it now has to be stated) that men are "superior". I think that if a woman was to strike first, it should be taken t court or somewhere official, there is no reason why the man should strike back. The man could do some serious damage and not even realize it (reference to; Mice and Men). As a woman can do just enough damage also, i would think that only in this scenario ( which is very rarely) that is would be, in protection matters of course, to strike back, only trying to safeguard yourself.
GooseOnTheLoose

Pro

When I talk about hitting a woman back I mean in terms of self defense. Gender should be completely irrelavent when it comes to domestic violence. Did you know that 70% of domestic violence is committed by women against men? If someone is being attacked (whether it is a man or a woman) I feel they should have the right to defend themself. Now this does not mean I condone physical violence against women, but I feel that everyone should have the right to self defense.

In today's society we have this social stigma where it is "manly" to just sit there and take the punches. Both men and women dislike being injured or hurt. Who enjoys being hurt(physical or emotional)? Why should a person be able to attack anyone they want and not face any repercussions just because they're a female? One of the first things I learned when I was younger is that there are consequences for your actions. If you choose to hit someone, regardless of your gender, there is a possibility that you could be hit back. If you do not want to be hit, learn to keep your hands to yourself.
rumaysah

Con

rumaysah forfeited this round.
GooseOnTheLoose

Pro

I noticed that you opted to not respond to my argument in the first round. I will continue this debate as is.

There seems to be this idea that women are not as violent or not as capable of violence as men are. This is not true. In fact, women can be just as capable of violence. Each year, over 800,000 men are attacked by their partners according to zurinstitute.com. Most of these man are afraid to report these cases of domestic violence because of the stigma that we have about men. Men are supposed to "take it like a man" or "man up." If a man were to report a case of domestic violence he would most likely get brushed off and ignored.

An example can be seen here: http://www.american-partisan.com...
In Sacramento, California David Woods's wife Ruth took their kids out for a walk in extremely cold temperatures for multiple hours. By the time they returned, the children were showing signs of hypothermia. Displeased by this, David begun to argue with his wife. Soon afterwards, a physical altercation occurred between the two. She took a kitchen knife and attempted to stab him. The knife grazed his neck and he punched her in self defense. After being punched, Ruth then ran to the telephone and called the police. She told them that David had attacked her that he was going to kill her. Later, police arrived at the scene at placed cuffs on David. Despite the obvious scar on David"s neck the police were adamant. It was only until his kids vouched for him that the police realized that it was Ruth who had attacked David.

This is one of the myriad of examples of domestic violence against men. People think that women are frail, fragile creatures that are incapable of harm when that is totally not the case. I believe that if someone is being attacked, whether it is a man or a woman, they should have the right to self defense!
rumaysah

Con

rumaysah forfeited this round.
GooseOnTheLoose

Pro

Since my opponent has chosen to not respond I rest my case.
rumaysah

Con

rumaysah forfeited this round.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
It seems I did misunderstand. I apologize if you were somehow offended? Lol it seemed to me that you were trying to say Christianity was a cult with warped draconian perspectives, but as long as it was all a misunderstanding like you said, then we know that is not true :)
Posted by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 1 year ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
@Stonehe4rt. Wow, you got that all memorized like a good little soldier. Bravo.

Did I not say it was verses out of context or did you misunderstand "warped and draconian perspective spouted by the more cultish sects"?
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
I must say Wimpy Kid is yet again using one of those sites who takes verses out of context and try to twist the Bible into sounding like something cruel. What you did not know is that the bible gives many rights to women. Women were often treated as inferior as we all know hence the woman's rights act and all which is great. Many times throughout the Bible Jesus performed socially taboo things such as teaching women education and religious beliefs which most though was also a mans job. However Jesus never treated anyone unequally.
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (NIV, Galatians 3:26-29) This states clearly that no matter who you are, we all are equal under the eyes of God. And are seen as the heirs to Abraham, basically we are all brothers and sister who are equal in every way.
Posted by Godgirl 1 year ago
Godgirl
But not every Christian thinks like that.
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
@godgirl

I'm not referencing your quote directly, but the warped and draconian perspective spouted by the more cultish sects claiming a Christain base:

https://answeringchristian.wordpress.com...
Posted by Sophisto 1 year ago
Sophisto
Man's historical violence has rendered him at a disadvantage where women require that much more to catch up with the reputation of brutality. This explains the "double standard". If you do not wish to ever be caught in a situation where you would have to hit a women in self-defense, go proactive and establish a respected public image towards women and reduce the probability of that scenario.
Lover, not a fighter. Because if you are unwilling to turn the other cheek, you do not deserve companionship anyway, so let her be rid of you anyway, fool.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
The initiation of force is never moral. Man's nature is such that he survives by reason. Survival by reason requires the ability to act on your reason. Force destroys that ability. When you use force against someone, you are destroying their ability to survive by destroying their ability to use reason, and their ability to survive will suffer to the extent that force is used.
Posted by Godgirl 1 year ago
Godgirl
Wimpy kid- Um, no I'm not. I didn't say anything about the Bible. I said if I hit you you can hit me back. Don't make assumptions based on my username.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
Well personally, I as a Man think if another Man hit a Woman he is scum. I don't care what the circumstance is, I will despise that man and feel he doesnt deserve to be called a "man". Sure his biological gender is male, however if he hits a woman then he is nothing more than dirt. Of course this is not proof nor anthing concrete, as it is just how I feel about the topic. However if a Man hits a woman after she hit him, I will still feel like he is scum, but I will also know that logically speaking he did have the right to do that. But, even though I am a person driven by logic, I would still hate any man who hurts a woman. Even if a woman was trying to kill me, I would do everything in my power not to hurt her, If she was going to kill someone I loved then I would restrain her at all cost but still would try not to harm her physically. Just who I am, and how I define being a man.
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
*quoting
Vote Placed by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
GooseOnTheLooserumaysahTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 1 year ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
GooseOnTheLooserumaysahTied
Reasons for voting decision: B&A: Circumstances had better be pretty extreme for a man to hit a woman. Simply being slapped or punched is not a justification. Equal rights do not logically justify unequal physical violence. Conduct: Point to pro for not forfeiting.
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 1 year ago
Cooldudebro
GooseOnTheLooserumaysahTied
Reasons for voting decision: f/f
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
GooseOnTheLooserumaysahTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.