kikiki
John_C_1812

Should Abortion Be Legal in all of US?

kikiki has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

kikiki

Pro

I believe that abortion should be legal in the US, but I do not say that there should not be regulations. We should have some regulations and rules on when an abortion should be had and under which circumstances. Here are the rules of the debate:
1. In the first round, only say that you accept the challenge. I will give my argument in the second and then you present your arguments against me.
2. Cite your sources and make sure they're credible.
3. No name-calling or threats, this should be a civilised debate.
Thanks in advance.
John_C_1812

Con

I accept the challenge.
kikiki

Pro

So, first of all, I am not always for abortion but I do believe that there are many cases in which abortion should be allowed if a woman wishes to get one:
1. If the woman is not able to take care of her child. Personally, I believe that it is better for a child not to even be born if it's mother is not able to take care of her child. Why should we put the child through a life of torment because the mother wasn't careful, the contraceptive didn't work or if she was raped? Although, if the fetus already formed, the woman should maybe try to have the child given for adoption
2. If the child is an incest child. There unfortunately are cases in which family members may decide to either voluntarily engage in sexual activity or one rapes the other. This would mean the child will be inbred and unnecessarily suffer for it.
3. If the baby can be a threat to the mother's health. Many underaged girls do get raped which is very inconvenient for the mother's health.
https://www.rainn.org...
The baby could put such a strain on the mother that she may very well die during birth. Adolescents age 15 through 19 are twice as likely to die during pregnancy or child birth as those over age 20; girls under age 15 are five times more likely to die.
http://www.advocatesforyouth.org...
4. If the baby turns out to have a great defect. It would just be too much for a child to bare. Why let a child live such an awful life? It should be put out of its suffering before it even has time to suffer.

Don't get me wrong. I love children. I wish that situations in which they have to be aborted would never come, but unfortunately they do.
John_C_1812

Con

There is regrettably only one reason a woman can have a legal abortion. She must know she is confessing to a possible criminal act, by confessing she is incrimination a number of people including herself, upon acceptance of a confession, there will be legal expectations she must make which include statements and the collection of evidence. Any assault that ends with the loss of human life has no statute of limitation. There are demands that are being placed on the common defense and general welfare.

No woman should need to confess to any crime to receive Emergency Medical Treatment. It is also expected a woman should not have to confess to possible criminal acts to receive Medical treatment by appointment as well.
"It"s a beautiful thing, to be a survivor of something so heinous."

"I told people after the first and second"but after the third [Rape] I felt like a freak show." (Account)
"I remember knowing in my head, somehow, you had to scream "no" or yell "stop" at least three times. And because I didn"t do that, I thought, well, I can"t say this is sexual assault." (Account)
https://www.rainn.org......

Young woman need the right to safe and legal abortion"But many States place barriers on young woman"s access by requiring parental notification or even consent. (Statement)
Woman in low income countries also need access to safe and legal abortions. Complications from pregnancy are the leading cause of death for young woman ages 15-19 in low income countries. (Statement)
http://www.advocatesforyouth.org...

"Abortion has been performed for thousands of years, and in every society that has been studied. It was legal in the United States from the time of the earliest arrived. At the time of the Constitution was adopted, abortion before " quickening" were openly advertised and commonly performed.
https://prochoice.org...

"Quickening is unabashedly subjective. It is the fetus" first movement, but rather the mother"s perception of it. (Unabashed meaning not ashamed)
http://www.slate.com...

Abortion is not the killing of human life. Abortion when pregnant is the choice made in advance to stop, and then the confession of official stop human life.

"The term "confession" means any confession of guilt of any criminal offence or "any self-incriminating statement made or given orally or in writing."
www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3501

"Corpus delicti - used to describe the evidence that proves that a crime has been committed"
http://legaldictionary.thefreedictionary.com...
Corpus delicti is Latin, The body of the crime. The foundation or material substance of a crime. A confession can describe what type evidence could be collected from a crime. Where a confession may be OK in many private circumstances. In the Medical field, by a Licensed Medical Professional, before, after, or during a medical procedure is certainly not one of those times.

A second description derived by the interview of numerous witness, Gender Specific Amputation does not describe "Corpus delicti" meaning a body of crime. It also does not violate "The Hippocratic Oath" taken by medical professionals. (Modern Version) Paragraph 6
"I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God."
http://guides.library.jhu.edu...
kikiki

Pro

Wait, I think we misunderstood eachother. I am pro-choice. You are giving pro-choice arrguments. The debate is now pretty much useless since we both have the same oppinion on the same topic.
John_C_1812

Con

Sorry for any confusion this is a very complicated topic.
It"s not a pro-choice stance. The introduction is only "admitting" that there is a set condition behind any use of abortion.( one reason you said) it has set conditions. (Meaning very limited) A woman"s violated United States Constitutional right (Meaning only possibly not by her doing) is not really part of the choice offered when she is using a confession like "abortion."

A choice describes a woman has a decision between something. The choice a woman is asked to make offers her no Constitutional Separation and is directing her, as the patient to break the Medical Hippocratic Oath. The fixed two choices with abortion 1. Confession to murder for the right to receive medical treatment. (Which require a non-biased judicial separation to offer a common defense to the general welfare) 2. Accept the burden of child birth that has been forced on her possibly without her consent. Again for licensed medical treatment. (There is a violation of the United States Constitution taking place that is not being addressed, a protection to the common defense and general welfare)

The "choice" is not any option to truth, it is creating only two fix outcomes, it is a deception that is being offered to woman, it is using law to help guide a direction. Abortion or Gender Specific Amputation are medical definitions that do not have a universal application. They describe a choice between medical emergency and sexual assault. The legal argument of Roe Vs. Wade, never addressed the confession involved in abortion, was it legal or not?

This is required because there are public accusations that have been made by woman against the United States Constitution. The United States Constitution is only guilty of recognizing that abortion is describing a confession the woman is making to a crime. And in doing so, it is the woman"s responsibility not to confess, not the United States Constitutions responsibility for seeing it.

I advocate woman"s Constitutional rights. This however does mean a woman does have Constitutional responsibilities as well.
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
Kikki?
It"s OK it is a debate not a test.
Posted by kikiki 1 year ago
kikiki
I totally forgot about this! Sorry man
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
A choice to the Medical profession needs a basic separation to occur. One between a woman who may have been is attacked and a woman who needs emergency medical treatment. Gender Specific Amputation is a non-biased declaration on it"s own.
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
My direct argument against abortion is because it is not only having a woman confess to a crime to receive medical treatment, it is jeopardizing the Hippocratic Oath to give emergency medical treatment as well.
Are we really just asking to legalize a confession of a crime, on blind faith for a group of people in society?