PointlessQuestions
rlkn

Should Abortion Be Only Acceptable Under Extreme Circumstances.

PointlessQuestions

Pro

I Tried This Debate Before And Ended Up Debating This With Someone To Who Thought That Abortion Was Always Morally Acceptable.
http://www.debate.org...
I Would Like To Debate This Again But With Someone Who Thinks Abortion Is Never Acceptable. To Clarify, My Opponent Must Stand With The Pro Life Side Of The Abortion Debate.

The First Round Is For Acceptance Only.
rlkn

Con

First of all, in order to make your argument real, we have to classify what is "extreme". Your ideas of extreme could be very different than mine, while those of the government's and lawmakers of our country would also vary. Creating laws based on opinions are very weak and controversial. The way I would classify extreme would be to say that any woman who is raped and impregnated through that should have the right to have an abortion. With that comes the issue that women would come to clinics saying that they were impregnated through rape, even if they were not. A woman has a right to make decisions for herself and for her own body. I do understand that opening up abortions to any and all woman would allow them to come to clinics repeatedly from not being careful with their, uh, sexual decisions. Under my classification of extreme, teens would be left out of this. I know, that in some cases, it was just plain stupidity and poor decision making. But in those cases that aren't, these girls are left by their boyfriends, who they trusted, and usually end up in poverty. With an unplanned pregnancy like this case, these girls should have the right to choose for themselves. My plan would be to allow each woman a single abortion, unless, as you said, under "extreme" circumstances. This would allow the women to make a decision for themselves, and give them a second chance. This would allow them to escape a life of poverty and loneliness. In abortion, we also have to take into account the child's life after it is born, if abortion is illegal. The child would grow up in poverty with their single mother. They would obviously have an unhappy life with everything that comes along with not being wanted or birth defects that come with fully undeveloped girls giving birth. In the end, I believe that a woman has the right to make decisions for herself; not the people of the government.
PointlessQuestions

Pro

PointlessQuestions forfeited this round.
rlkn

Con

rlkn forfeited this round.
PointlessQuestions

Pro

rlkn

Con

rlkn forfeited this round.
PointlessQuestions

Pro

rlkn

Con

rlkn forfeited this round.
PointlessQuestions

Pro

rlkn

Con

rlkn forfeited this round.