brad1999
fopeee

Should Abortion be Legal?

brad1999

brad1999

Con

Abortion is a big issue in our country we need to teach why abortion shouldn't be allowed to many babies are being killed because the mother wasn't prepared or used protection we need to teach more why we need to be protected or use a alternative way. This is why I am against making Abortion legal on request but I do support exceptions like rape or endangered life.
fopeee

Pro

Abortion should be legal because anything can happen at any time. What if the woman loses her job after knowing she has a child. She cant financially support her child. Or what if the child will be born with a disease or mental issue. We should not let another person go into this world suffering. Would you want your son or daughter suffering from EB or autism since birth. What if the girl is 16 and pregnant and her boyfriend leaves her. Should she really ruin her life. Maybe they should not be even doing that without protection but they did. Abortion can prevent suffering of kids. If maybe you can not financially support your kid then why make them suffer. Abortion should be allowed option for mothers who are not ready.
brad1999

Con

There are alternatives to Abortion like Adoption. Killing a baby is murder and you said if the baby is born it may have autism well the mother should take care of the baby or give up for adoption life is better then no life. And if the parent can't financially support the child then she should be a responsible adult and ask her parents or family or friends to help if they cant then give it up for adoption. This is why Sexually active women should be on birth control if she is not ready If she gets pregnant and not on Birth Control this that's her fault and somewhat her parents for not protecting her or encouraging her to get it.
fopeee

Pro

A fetus is not legally or scientifically a human being so abortion can not be considered murder because the fetus is nor a person or alive. Abortion prevents unplanned pregnancies. Which can prevent the child being neglected since the mother was not expecting a child at that time. And to add on to putting the child who may be suffering from autism up for adoption, what can that do? The child will still be suffering. Also, do we have the right to force a poor teenage girl to give birth because she may have made a mistake in her life. We are only human. Yes she should not have had such sexual interactions but she should be given the chance to fix it. Birth Control pills do not protect against STD's. Most importantly, EVERY woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body. Again it is not considered murder as said before. Last but not least,taking away abortion is taking away a women's fundamental right.
brad1999

Con

Well for my last speech I would like to thank my opponent for a wonderful debate. I am glad he joined in debating this very important issue I would like to give my last point on this issue you are a human from the start of conception to death.
My opponent brought up that Abortion should be legal if the babies are not persons. What is the difference between a baby in the womb and a 2 year old? There are 4 basic differences, they are the size, level of development, environment, and degree of dependency.
Is a fetus a nonperson due to its size? Is a 4 foot person any less a person than a 6 foot one? No, so the size no matter what of the fetus should make the fetus or any human a nonperson.
The second thing is level of development. Is a 17 year old more developed physically and mentally than a 2 year old? Yes. But is that 2 year old any less human? No. Level of development had nothing to due with the nature of personhood.
Thirdly is the environment. How does a change of location classify a human as a nonperson? Does moving to a new state make you not a person? So how does living in a womb make a baby not a person, and quite simply it doesn't.
And finally is the degree of dependency. Are diabetics living on insulin or a man living on life support make them nonpersons? Would it be right to kill them based on their condition? No, so why would it be right to murder a baby in the womb.
The abortion issue isn't about the rights of the mother. It's about the rights of the baby. Murdering a human being is never okay. And. Based on the evidence above I have concluded that fetuses are persons and shod therefore have their own undeniable rights.
fopeee

Pro

May I ask you who made the decision to give you food, to raise you and to keep you. Who made the decision for your health and education. Most likely your mother. She also had gave the decision to have you. It should stay to be a choice. The fetus is growing to be a full human being. When you are 10 years old are you considered 11? No, so if you are a fetus you are not considered a person. It is has been proven scientifically. And you can not argue with science. When you have abortion the fetus does not feel pain. Mothers have abortion for reasons not just to take their baby away. Abortion is a sensitive matter. I respectfully disagree with you for the reasons stated. But It has been such a pleasure to argue with you but all good things must come to the end. Goodbye and may you have luck in your future debates.
Posted by KnowledgeSeeker 1 year ago
KnowledgeSeeker
Abortion is a sensitive subject, that will always have supporters and antagonist. Anyhow, I shall state my position. The idea of abortion is something I do not concur with. The destruction of an unborn human is quite chilling, although I believe in free-will. People do as they please and that will never change.
Posted by geauxpelicans5 1 year ago
geauxpelicans5
I am also against abortion. I would rather not debate for why it should be approved.
Vote Placed by salam.morcos 1 year ago
salam.morcos
brad1999fopeeeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Most of the arguments were weak, except for the last argument by Con regarding size, level of development, environment, and degree of dependency, and that's why I voted con. I think Pro could have easily rebutted these arguments, but provided weak arguments. No sources and conduct was ok. I vote Con.