SeniorIntelligentDebator
AREKKUSU

Should Abortion be legal?

SeniorIntelligentDebator

Pro

Abortion is an act done by a woman to rid the body of an unwanted guest. Republicans are against this act, or pro-life; while Democrats, on the other hand, are for this act, or pro-choice. Recently, especially in the '08 and '12 presidential elections, this has been a major concern for citizens voting for a president. It has been construed as "War on Women" by Liberal Media, and citizens alike.

What do you think about abortion? Should there be legislative restrictions against this act -- or should it be legalized for all woman to perform as they see fit? Does making abortion illegal infringe our constitutional rights -- or does legalizing it infringe our constitutional rights?
AREKKUSU

Con

I thank you for this debate and I wish you luck. I'll be taking the position of Con in this debate.
I personally am no where near strongly 'pro-choice', but I very much think that making abortion illegal would be bad for society. At the very least I would expect many females would end up dying by attempting to 'abort' themselves. And what about the idea of being raped? Many, many, woman have been raped before and hasn't wanted to have this guy's kid, so they end up aborting. I think it would be cruel to do other wise. And even more so is this person that was raped was under 18. I think there are many, many, situations where I think that people should have the right to abort their child. I don't think it's right to force someone who's not ready to have a child to have one, or for someone to have a child when their child would be a rapists, or something similar. Even if it's not the choice that I'd do, I still think that woman should have their own choice.
I think that's enough for my opening. (Since their 5 rounds I don't want to get in too far so early.)
And you're up, Pro.
SeniorIntelligentDebator

Pro

We have come to an agreement; however, what about the freedom of choice issue? Is your opinion concrete enough for it to stand tall through all situations?
AREKKUSU

Con

Well it depends on what you mean by 'all issues', you should really put more detail into it your posts so that you don't waste rounds...
SeniorIntelligentDebator

Pro

I think we have approached a stalemate.
AREKKUSU

Con

I just noticed something. This debate's topic is a question. There for 'pro' and 'con' don't really have a difference. xD I'm thinking that this debate should turn out to be a draw.

For future reference you should title you debates with a statement. For example "Abortion should be legal" And then you'd take the Pro side, the other person would take the Con and then you'd have your debate, with a question... it doesn't work out well being that the person doesn't know which side of abortion you're on and which side you want con to be.
SeniorIntelligentDebator

Pro

Well, I don't know the formalities of this site since I am what people would title a "newbie."
AREKKUSU

Con

Well this is actually just my 2nd debate, but if think about it a bit, it's kinda more common sense then a formality since to make a one on one debate you have to choose a side, and making the topic a question make it hard to do so. But we 'learn something new every day' apparently. :D Now you know, and so next time hopefully it happens correctly and we can move on xD
SeniorIntelligentDebator

Pro

Well, let's try at the last round.

Abortion should be legal.
AREKKUSU

Con

Yes, yes it should. xD
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
I think Con gave good advise about making the resolution into a statement, like, "Resolved: Abortion should be illegal."

Pro seems to want an open-ended discussion on abortion, not an actual debate. So I recommend that he start a thread in the forums area.

Welcome to DDO, the both of you.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
SeniorIntelligentDebatorAREKKUSUTied
Reasons for voting decision: Nobody should win this conversation.
Vote Placed by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
SeniorIntelligentDebatorAREKKUSUTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had the burden of proof, but he didn't take a position. Con took a position, whereupon Pro agreed with it. Con wins. ETA: Voting conduct, grammar, and sources to counter part of Smithereens votebomb. Somebody still needs to counter his "made more convincing arguments" vote.
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago
Smithereens
SeniorIntelligentDebatorAREKKUSUTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded the entire debate in the last round. Evening out the votes
Vote Placed by RationalMadman 4 years ago
RationalMadman
SeniorIntelligentDebatorAREKKUSUTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was an idiot. He conceded in last round.
Vote Placed by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
SeniorIntelligentDebatorAREKKUSUTied
Reasons for voting decision: Tie!