redzone123
Manastacious

Should Abortion be legal?

redzone123

Con

Round 1 is for stating claims, round 2 and 3 are for arguments, 4 is for final statements. I think abortion should not be legal.
Manastacious

Pro

I am happy to affirm the idea that abortion should be legal..I await the Con's arguments and look forward to an interesting and well-reasoned debate.
redzone123

Con

redzone123 forfeited this round.
Manastacious

Pro

That is really unfortunate. This could have been an excellent and interesting debate. But in this realm, when the CON forfeits the first constructive, there is nothing to be done but vote for the PRO.

1) The CON is not fulfilling the burden of proof. Therefore, there is no reason to vote with the CON.
2) No prima facie case means that the CON has nothing to build a case upon to fulfill the burden of proof.

Even if my opponent decides to try and debate this in the further rounds, do not allow it. The debate is over. Vote PRO!

(A side note: in this case, the Con does have the burden of proof because in matters of policy, abortion is a legal procedure in the status quo. Thus, the side proposing a change to the status quo, the CON, must fulfill the burden of proof.)
redzone123

Con

redzone123 forfeited this round.
Manastacious

Pro

My opponent has forfeited two rounds in a row. Please vote for the Pro. This should be a fairly straightforward vote.
redzone123

Con

redzone123 forfeited this round.
Manastacious

Pro

Manastacious forfeited this round.
Posted by Hypno_skate 9 months ago
Hypno_skate
This looks like it could be exciting.