jniles
GiantSpoonMan

Should Abortion become illegal in the United States ?

jniles

Pro

It is in my opinion that Abortion become illegal in the United States . Abortion is murder . We continue funding this practice for what reason ?

GiantSpoonMan

Con

I accept the debate.
jniles

Pro

I believe that abortion is morally wrong . To me , abortion is as bad as murder . We say that abortion is okay because the child in the womb isnt a child but a fetus or a mass of cells ... This is something I do not believe.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
jniles

Pro

jniles forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

GiantSpoonMan forfeited this round.
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 3 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
Sorry wasn't able to post. I will be sure to post for round three.
Posted by Voodio 3 years ago
Voodio
A woman should have the right to abortion. It is her body and no one else's to decide what is best for her. The view of 'when LIFE starts' varies. Some would say at conception, some would say birth, others would say when the brain tissue forms synapses. Either way a fetus is part of a woman's body until it is a newborn. However; I view anything past the first trimester as questionable and anything past the second as completely wrong, leaving room for extreme cases such as rape. As for the subject of murder, it is purely a philosophical matter as to when one's consciousness begins. I would like to see religion completely left out of this debate but I know that it will invariably raise it's ugly head at some point in the early debate process.
I agree to let anyone who is against abortion to never have one. Anything past that is deciding what is best for someone else.
Posted by Tr0ll 3 years ago
Tr0ll
Why would you push your morality on someone else?
Posted by rhealeei 3 years ago
rhealeei
I truly believe that abortion CAN be morally wrong, however, not allowing a woman the choice of her own body is ALSO morally wrong. I believe that abortion is the right thing to do in some cases (if the woman consents to this), for instance, rape. If a woman is raped that means she could possibly be pregnant. Making a woman keep the product of her rape and go through the painful birthing process SHOULD be morally wrong. She should have the choice between keeping it and getting rid of it at that point.

However, if a woman is carelessly having sex and gets pregnant then he should not have the ability to kill the baby just because she doesn't want it, it is the product of her carelessness and she needs to realize that things have repercussions.