Should Abortions be banned?

Bremners has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Round 1: Acceptance
2: Opening statement
3: Rebuttals
4: Response to rebuttals
5: Closing statements

We're here to debate whether abortions should be banned. I'll be on the side of pro-abortion. Your job is to argue against me. Good luck.

Hello I accept.

Hello Bremners. I forgot to mention this earlier (terribly sorry), but can you please list all sources that you use in your argument? If you use any sources that is. However, if you refrain from listing your sources, I'll be able to understand. So without further ado, let's get right into it. As you already know, I'm for abortions. I believe abortions shouldn't be banned because a woman should be able to do whatever she wants with her body.

Based on what my mother and other women have told me, pregnancy is a tough and grueling process to go through. states that during pregnancy, a woman will go through, "Morning sickness, Frequent urination, Vaginal discharge, Gas and bloating, Bleeding gums, Constipation, Excessive salivation, Hemorrhoids, Itchy skin, Nosebleeds, Swollen extremities (edema), Yeast infections." Full explanations of what these effects of pregnancy do, are listed on the website. Now obviously there are women out there who feel that this process is completely worth it in order to bring a child into the world. However, not every woman becomes pregnant on purpose. Sometimes, women will get raped and become pregnant from the incident. gives an estimate on how often this happens, "The national rape-related pregnancy rate is 5.0% per rape among victims of reproductive age (aged 12 to 45); among adult women an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year." It would be unethical to deny the people who get raped and become pregnant the option of abortion.

Becoming pregnant is a huge life altering event. And some people just aren't ready for that experience. And like I stated before, to let some rape victims suffer with something that they had no control over, would be completely unethical.

Posted by TheDeAndreOglesby 1 month ago
Oops. Looks like I should double check before I click.
Posted by malalo75 1 month ago
The instigator has this the wrong way around.
If the premise is "Should abortions be banned?" and instigator takes "Pro" side, this would mean the instigator is FOR banning abortions, not against.

Just my 2 cents.
Posted by Billjunior 1 month ago
Hi TheDeAndreOglesby! I actually agree with your conclusion, but you need to elaborate a little. I have debated this issues many times, and there are stronger pro abortion arguments out there. This would be a good spot to start. Plz read it, its actually very interesting. Good luck for both sides!,Fall02/thomson.htm
read it!