CarolHan
WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin

Should Adelina be winning the Gold or should Yuna? (Adelina Pro) (Yuna Kim Con)

Started: 4/4/2014 Category: Games

CarolHan

Con

http://www.theatlantic.com...

Figure Skating: In the right places?- Carol Han
Have you watched figure skating in the Olympics? It ended out as an unfair match between Queen Yuna (Kim Yuna known as Queen Yuna in South Korea) and Adelina Sotnikova. Figure Skating Gold went to Adelina Sotnikova from Russia, Silver to Queen Yuna from South Korea and Bronze to Carolina Kostner from Italy.
Russia's Adelina Sotnikova beat Yuna Kim to win gold in figure skating. But did she deserve to win?
After I watched the Figure Skating Olympics, I have to say I hasd no idea what was going on. You should know that the judges' for the women's figure skating team doesn't include a Korean judge or an American judge. But, did you know that one judge from Ukraine "received an year long suspension from the ISO (International Standards Organization)
after the 1998 Nagano games when a Canadian jude recorded Balkov had a vote trading deal. Balkov then went back in action to be a judge during the 2002 winter games. He really helped lead to a total reconstruct the judging system. This might be why Adelina had higher scores than Queen Yuna.
Also, Adelina tumbled on her landings after the triple spins and landed on two feet while Queen Yuna had set herself not to tumble and land on one foot. This way, Queen Yuna's performance looked much more clearer.
All in all, Adelina didn't deserve to win figure skating at the Olympics because of her triple spin landings and because of the way Adelina might have cheated.
WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin

Pro

First of all, do you have any other professional opinions on what you saw? To me it seemed Adelina had a strong performance for the entire match while Yuna fell off on the end. While some people may consider Yuna to have a better overall performance she did fall off near the end, while Adelina might've had a less impressive performance (still impressive landing seven triple jumps. According to a recent article about the match a former American silver medalist Paul Wylie was also at rink-side, and he thought Sotnikova brought more energy and that Kim had seemed to flag a bit. "I felt like it lacked the emotion of the performances that others gave," he said. "For me, the last spin, it kind of faded. [Whereas] Adelina kind of accelerated to the finish. You don"t want to leave those kinds of points on the table." Overall I think that Adelina should've won
CarolHan

Con

CarolHan forfeited this round.
WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin

Pro

WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin forfeited this round.
CarolHan

Con

Adelina's triple jumps weren't as good as they were supposed to be. her jumps landed on her two feet when Yuna's landed on one foot which made Yuna's triple jumps more complex. Also the Russian judge didn't give Yuna any points for her spins and turns and twirls. He gave Adelina full points but Yuna none. Doesn't that seen suspicious? Adelina full bur Yuna none. Wow!~
WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin

Pro

WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin

Pro

Sorry, I'm back computer was in shop =/, posting articles now? Kay

http://www.csmonitor.com...
CarolHan

Con

CarolHan forfeited this round.
WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin

Pro

Posted by CarolHan 3 years ago
CarolHan
WHose side are you on? I don't get it.
Posted by mimibrightzola 3 years ago
mimibrightzola
Ahah omg I would totally do this, but I'm on your side and I don't really want to support the other side fore "the sake of debate". Good luck though~