Should Adventure Time Bring Back Fionna and Cake?

Started: 11/7/2014 Category: TV

To start off, I would like to say that I have no personal preference when it comes to the side I argue on in this debate. With that said, let's have a whack at it, shall we?

My Argument:

Fiona should not be brought back into the Adventure Time TV series. Why? In the episode "Mystery Dungeon", Ice King attempts to 'animate' his Fionna and Cake stories. After going through a maze with Lemongrab, as well as other characters that show up periodically throughout the series, Ice King tries to bring his stories to life and make them real. However, the joke is on him in the end because the Animator LITERALLY animates the book itself, not the stories inside, contrary to Ice King's wishes. At the end, the book runs off. After that episode, there is no point in bringing them back. Doing so would only result in yet another 'filler episode', which takes away from the story that all fans seek underneath the laughter and fun of the cartoon's surface. For me, I am honestly waiting for the day that everything becomes clearer and connected. Fionna and Cake will never have their own place in the show, set apart from what Finn and Jake do. It was a good few episodes and I am happy to have seen them. But, it would not contribute to the overall story inside of Adventure Time if we brought back the gender-bent world. In conclusion, I believe that they should not bring them back and should just continue on with the story we are so curious about.

I would like to take this time to thank anyone who has looked at this debate and, when I have an opponent, I would like to thank you for participating. Have a blessed day.

We can gender-swap Finn and Jake into Fionna and Cake for laughs, and continue the story as usual and still enjoy the story/plot while at the same time. It's a win-win situation.
Posted by welliott 1 year ago
Screw adventure time
Posted by Zack95 1 year ago
your welcome :D. i would like them to bring it back though, just becuase its fun to watch, not plot related i understand that, but it is good to watch some of Pendelton's other shorts.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: But when one redefines the pre-dialectic of suppositionalist rhetoric through the materialist lense, one finds, as Marx stated, that intersectionalism reduces to finality. Pro had stronger arguments.
Vote Placed by Reeseroni 1 year ago