dance_mi_amor
I-am-a-panda

Should All students after 2035 be required go to college by the law

Con Tied Pro

dance_mi_amor

Con

No, I dont think that all Students after 2035 be required by the law to go to college. Unless the Government is paying for every student to go to the college they want. Another reason why i am againist this is because not everyone can afford to go college, and also the government should not be in charge of what teens decide to do with there lives. I am in High School right now and i am very blessed to have a full-ride scholar ship to UCLA, but its really hard to get schlarships, So what im trying to say is that its hard to get money for college and some students just dont want to go. So why should the law force them, its there lives and let them be in charge.
I-am-a-panda

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for this interesting debate. As he is the instigator, it is worth reminding him he has the burden of proof. My job is to refute his statements, and in doing so form an argument.

==Rebuttal==

My opponent has two main argument thus far:

1) College is expensive.
2) Students do not want to go to college.

1) ' Unless the Government is paying for every student to go to the college they want'
This is the basic rebuttal of your first argument. If the government pays for college, or at least pays for those who cannot afford it, anyone can go to college without the burden of cost.

2) ' also the government should not be in charge of what teens decide to do with there lives. '
There is a difference between government suppression and the good of the people. If a society was suppressed by government, they would make everyone do a test, and that test determined you're career for life. In a system where a student must do college, it leaves open more doors than it closes. The student has complete choice over what course they do.

Also, my opponent has not mentioned that the student most do a full course. They are required to go to college. Because their is an indefinite time frame stated in the resolution, a student could go to college for one day, and would have abided by the law. My opponent has not reserved any room to change the definition of the resolution, so it should be taken that there is no definitive time frame, so one day would be sufficient, meaning it is in no way suppressive.

== Summary==

As you can see, I have refuted all my opponents points. Under a free education system up to college, and there being an indefinite time length of college that must be done, All students after 2035 be required go to college by the law. I await my opponent to respond, and so far urge a PRO vote.
dance_mi_amor

Con

before we argue that college should be must be mandatory we need to enforce completing high school, children drop out of school legally at sixteen, and the drop out rate is nearly 40-48% in some urban areas so we first need to address the issue of high drop out rates, before we can force people to go college.
I-am-a-panda

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for responding.

To start, my opponent's argument is trying to change the topic completely. She is trying to worm her way out by addressing a completely different issue altogether. She says
'before we argue that college should be must be mandatory we need to enforce completing high school'

This should have been addressed at the start of the debate. Also, the debate is arguing that college should be mandatory. My opponent has forgotten that by implying college is mandatory, all education up to that would have to be mandatory.

My opponent cannot state we must address a completely different issue. If she wants to debate that, he must do a completely separate debate. By saying college should be mandatory, it is already implying education up to college should be mandatory.

Because my opponent has not made a valid argument thus far, I urge a PRO vote.
dance_mi_amor

Con

i want to thank my opponent for answering back in reasonable time

The subject was NOT changed, i also did not result to name call such as saying "worming out" and you cant win debate by not making a point. In round 2 i was making the point that if the law shouldnt jump to say that it is mandatory to go to College, but it should be mandatory to finish high school, since you can drop out at 16 legally.
More the point is that if we have such a hard time pushing people to finish high school than why should we push them harder to go to college. If they made it mandatory to go to college than the standard of the education would be compromised because the only goal would be to get people out of college to conform to the law and not challenge people academics. Do you really want a doctor that was pushed through college because of a law not because of there love for the understanding of there bodies. Its Ludacris to push people to do something they dont want to do.

As you see my opponent is trying to attack me but is not making a point, so this is why i urge for a CON vote
I-am-a-panda

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent's more than speedy response.

I shall refute her argument:

'the law shouldn't jump to say that it is mandatory to go to College, but it should be mandatory to finish high school, since you can drop out at 16 legally.'

>Making college mandatory implies that high school and any other education preceding it would be mandatory. I thought I had made that point clear.

'More the point is that if we have such a hard time pushing people to finish high school than why should we push them harder to go to college'

>There is no need to motivate them if it is mandatory. On this point, look at my first argument. You did not state any definitive time for doing college. So, by doing on day of college, you have abided by the law.

'. If they made it mandatory to go to college than the standard of the education would be compromised because the only goal would be to get people out of college to conform to the law and not challenge people academics.'

>If you drop a sponge in water, it will always soak up water. Likewise, if you put a person through more than 10 years of education, they are likely to pick up some knowledge. If college is mandatory, let's just say for this sake, for a year, then if they fail college they leave and they get a job with extra knowledge. Simple.

>People will not get out of college to conform to the law. Alot of people want to go to college, and will revel in a free college system. For those who don't like it they can leave after a day. Simple.

'Do you really want a doctor that was pushed through college because of a law not because of there love for the understanding of there bodie'

>The requirements for a doctor are extremely high. Nobody can walk into college and just say 'I'll take the doctor's course'. People who meet the requirements for it are likely to want to do college.

'its Ludacris to push people to do something they dont want to do.'

>The resolution does not state the state chooses the course. The resolution states college be mandatory. This gives people an option of an abundance of courses, and are likely to find one they like. Again, they can just drop out after one day.

'The subject was NOT changed'

>Actually, it was. College being mandatory implies high school being mandatory. You can't jump onto one point to try and win another.

'i also did not result to name call such as saying "worming out"'

>Worming out is not a name call, it is a verb. It means to try and escape. Like a worm would do through a hole. You tried to escape the topic at hand.

It is quite clear my opponent has not made any valid points. I have refuted them all and she has refuted none of my arguments. I have not attacked her, and she tried to completely change the topic at hand. I urge a PRO vote.
Posted by Arcanist 7 years ago
Arcanist
Would a college education possibly benefit the U.S. economy?
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
*yawn*, vote bombing, what else?
Posted by SaraMarie 8 years ago
SaraMarie
I gave a fair amount of point to the panda. I would have liked to see more sources.

Also, dance_mi_amor. Your arguments are a little weak. Make sure to add lots of information.
Posted by I-am-a-panda 8 years ago
I-am-a-panda
I hate the resolution in the form of a question. The resolution is a statement that someone agree's or diasagree's with, not a question they answer.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
I really wish people wouldn't do that. :(
Posted by Its-you-or-me 8 years ago
Its-you-or-me
why did you put the resolution in the form of a question?
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
dance_mi_amor, what do you think of people being required by law to get car insurance?
Vote Placed by shadow835 6 years ago
shadow835
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by Arcanist 7 years ago
Arcanist
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by The_Booner 8 years ago
The_Booner
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by Zeratul 8 years ago
Zeratul
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by saamanthagrl 8 years ago
saamanthagrl
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by Russiannovember 8 years ago
Russiannovember
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 8 years ago
philosphical
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by jimjamesalex 8 years ago
jimjamesalex
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 8 years ago
JBlake
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied
Vote Placed by SaraMarie 8 years ago
SaraMarie
dance_mi_amorI-am-a-pandaTied