guppa99
Jonnykelly

Should America be supporting the Zionist state when they cause a genocide of the Palestinians?

guppa99

Con

I don't believe the Jews should hold any power especially not have American support. That land they call "Israel" Is actually occupied Palestine. The Palestinians welcomed the Jews with opened arms and this is how the Jews repay. Taking their land and claiming it as theirs. Then they attack the Palestinians and murder them daily. Stop the genocide.
Jonnykelly

Pro

I am going to start this debate by dispelling the falsity in the title of this debate. Israel has not caused a genocide of the Palestinians. Israel has defended itself from terrorist and military attacks from Palestine, specifically the Gaza strip. Thousands of Israelis have died as a result of rocket attacks from Gaza. [1] Think if the United States was in Israel's position. If our neighbor fired rockets at us, our new enemy wouldn't survive the week. The operations and airstrikes enacted by Israel are retaliation from earlier attacks and are necessary to protect the Israeli populace.

Moving into the debate itself.

Let's go over a brief history of Israel as a modern state.

Israel was established shortly after World War Two, when the United Nations decided to give the Jews a home as consolation for the near destruction of their people by Hitler. [2] Thus the founding of Israel is justified by popular opinion and by reconciliation. The United Nations, however, failed to enforce any of their assertions that came with this new state. This is why we have the small terrorist problem known as Palestine. Israel, despite all odds of being surrounded by those who hate them, have succeeded as a nation. They have even been able to become a powerful regional power. (Granted with the help of the US.)

The United Nations, as a group, is obligated to protect the sovereignty of the nations of the world. Thus, they, and by extension, we are obligated to protect Israel.

Many condemn the IDF operation of 2014 in Gaza. Once again, this is only retaliation for Hamas terrorist actions. The Israeli Defense Forces stuck quickly, precisely, and accurately, taking our Hamas targets in tunnels and mountains. [3] No one can blame the Israeli's for not putting up with massacre.

Now I turn the responsibility on to my opponent to provide good reason for the abandonment of Israel.
guppa99

Con

Ok let's look at the Gaza Strip. The Israelites originally attacked the Gaza strip. Some targets of their bombing were schools with small Children inside. So like any other human being the Palestinians became enraged with the Israelites for killing their children. There was a small attack from the Palestinians and the Israelites had lost one Motor vehicle. They deemed this as such a large attack that They began bombing houses and other public services instead of the area where the actual "Insurgents" were. The Jews are on some endless bloodlust for a "Holy War".
Much of the propaganda you see of Jews being killed in the Middle East has been faked. There were to Jewish Female soldiers who were caught at a photoshoot wearing fake blood and Makeup to make them seem dead. This was a scandal that was hushed up. The story was originally meant to enraged the Jewish people saying Palestinians were Murdering the their helpless women. I recall a similar incident were none other than Adolf Hitler decided to take a German boy who was mentally challenged, burned the original Reichstag and then blamed it on the boy so the German people would hate the Jews. How are the Jews not doing the same? I say this is leading to another Holocaust.
Really all religion should be done away with then none of this would happen. To reiterate we need to stop funding the Jews murderous rampage.
Jonnykelly

Pro

My opponent has made many large claims: the Israelis attacked first, targeting schools with children in them, Israeli's lost only one motor vehicle, bombing public services, the Jews are in a holy war, propaganda has been faked, Israeli's faked death.
I count 7 major claims, and no sources, and no evidence at all that this is even true.

Con has still failed to answer my arguments regarding the UN creation of Israel and the UN's obligation to protect the sovereignty of the nations that it recognizes.

Con has also failed to refute or disprove my points regarding Hamas and their terrorist actions.

Overall, I consider all of Con's arguments, including his attempt at allusion to Adolf Hitler to be invalid until his claims have evidence to support them.

I extend my previous points regarding the defense of Israel's actions.
guppa99

Con

guppa99 forfeited this round.
Jonnykelly

Pro

Extending the debate to give my opponent a chance to rebut.
guppa99

Con

guppa99 forfeited this round.
Jonnykelly

Pro

My opponent has forfeited this debate. His lack of concern reflects his lack of commitment and overall desire to convey his points. My opponent has failed to answer to my evidence, and has failed to cite evidence and sources to support his claims.
Posted by Jonnykelly 2 years ago
Jonnykelly
@Me12345 When it comes down to it, Palestinians are just occupying land that has belonged to the Jews since ancient times. The Islamic Empire overtook Israel, killing, torturing, and raping as the conquered. The Islamic Empire then became known as the Ottoman Empire, which was defeated in world war one. The Palestinians then, lost control of Israel, and there was no government in place. The United Nations then put a Government in place in 1948-49. This is not up for debate, this is fact. Since the UN has failed to back up their assertions regarding Israel, Israel has to defend itself. Israel has occupied Gaza because they could no longer tolerate rocket attacks. No one has yet to prove that Israel fired first. Gaza houses Hamas gladly, as they both are in an agreement with Iran, who apparently is bent on the destruction of Judaism and Christianity as a whole. No argument can excuse the desire for mass extermination.
Posted by Me12345 2 years ago
Me12345
"If our neighbor fired rockets at us, our new enemy wouldn't survive the week. The operations and airstrikes enacted by Israel are retaliation from earlier attacks and are necessary to protect the Israeli populace."

If Mexico occupied the United States, would the USA retaliate? Also, Israel has no right to "defend" in territory that it is occupying, the right of self defence only applies if Israel isn't occupying Palestine, which it is. It is also occupying Gaza, according to the UN, so it doesn't have the right of self defence until it stops illegally occupying.

"Israel was established shortly after World War Two, when the United Nations decided to give the Jews a home as consolation for the near destruction of their people by Hitler."

Shouldn't the UN have followed their own principle of self determination? They had no right to create a country on top of another one without first consulting the first people. Yes, Hitler did terrible things but two wrongs do not make a right.

"This is why we have the small terrorist problem known as Palestine."
Hamas has committed acts of terror, but Palestine doesn't equal Hamas. Israel has committed acts of terror but I don't go around calling Israel a "small terrorist problem".

"The United Nations, as a group, is obligated to protect the sovereignty of the nations of the world. Thus, they, and by extension, we are obligated to protect Israel."

Again, not in occupied territory.

"Many condemn the IDF operation of 2014 in Gaza. Once again, this is only retaliation for Hamas terrorist actions."

And so, are Hamas rockets in defence of the Israel war crimes and past terror acts such as blockade, occupation, bombings etc? Israel, whether or not it claimed to act in self defence, has committed acts of terror when it started killing civilians.