DebatesOfThomas
Only-Human

Should America intervene with the Ukraine and Russia?

Started: 5/2/2014 Category: News

DebatesOfThomas

Con

I do not believe that the United States should intervene with the Ukraine and Russia because it is their business. I personally think we should quit sticking our nose in other people's business and worry about our own country, debt, homelessness, terrorism, etc. Going to war with Russia would be a foolish mistake, perhaps a repeat of the Cold War. We should just leave them alone until they start attacking countries like Germany, Poland, or other countries that weren't owned at one time by the Soviet Socialist Republic. There would be literally no point. I, however, do think that we should put a military presence around the major European countries, warning Russia that there will be war if you attack these countries. Please take this into consideration, and hopefully, vote for me! :3
Only-Human

Pro

YLast time we said "it's their business " Nazi Germany started the Second World War, and they took over a lot of land. It was the U.S. who intervened and ended thee Second World War along side with allies like Canada and UK. If we just went to war with Japan and stopped (Germany declared war on us anyway) Europe might be under German control and the war could of dragged on, killing more than it already(over 60 million). The U. S. is the only match able force to Russia. If Ukraine gets invaded we need to put Russia in its place. Btw I'm not pro war but it seems wrong to bully smaller independent nations.
DebatesOfThomas

Con

DebatesOfThomas forfeited this round.
DebatesOfThomas

Con

DebatesOfThomas forfeited this round.
DebatesOfThomas

Con

DebatesOfThomas forfeited this round.
Only-Human

Pro

Can I get an explanation?
DebatesOfThomas

Con

DebatesOfThomas forfeited this round.
Only-Human

Pro

Only-Human forfeited this round.
Posted by Only-Human 3 years ago
Only-Human
Russia has some pretty good firepower already and in times
Of war they will build more tanks and choppers and like I said the U.S. is one of the only match able force to Russia.
Posted by MacMiller 3 years ago
MacMiller
The United States has no interest in Ukraine. They are just displaying their global presence. They do not need to wage war with Russia to end them. Their economy is already going to hell. We could suck the life out of Russia economically. They rely on us and the rest of EU. If we were to engaged war with Russia they would lose flat out. We have too many allies surrounding them and assuming we pushed them away from Ukraine. All in All we will not go to war. NATO sees no interest in Ukraine. Russia is already losing the war. If they do engage Ukraine they would have Germany on their asses and the rest of EU before we even got there.