Killuminati1776
thett3

Should Americans disarm the tyrants that argue for Gun Control?

thett3

Killuminati1776

Pro

I believe that every individual is obligated to defending their life, property, and family. I argue this sarcastically in order to prove my position on understanding that gun control does not make you safer or prevent unfortunate crimes from happening. Instead, what history has taught us, gun control through Government entities leaves nations of good minded people defenseless against the immoral criminal minded people most of which will be doomed to the pits of hell for eternity. I would like to debate any gun control supporter, on why we as true Americans shouldn't disarm you so that you may receive a taste of your own corruption. Real, good hearted Americans know that our 2nd Amendment is literally the teeth of our great Constitution, and that it's either LIBERTY, or it's DEATH.
thett3

Con

Thanks to my opponent for instigating the debate.

I agree with my opponent about the necessity of gun rights, but I disagree strongly with his position on the resolution. Since I'm confused as to whether Pro is advocating insurgents disarming civilians in favor of gun control of politicians I will just attack both ideas.

I. Worst possible way to defend gun rights

If those against gun control attempted to form some kind of vigilante restistance that attacked and disarmed those in favor of gun control, they would lose. Not only are they outnumbered with 86% of Americans supporting expnaded background checks and 56% an assault weapons ban[1], but the police and military are going to back the side that is being aggressed upon, which is the people in favor of gun control. The United States military has 1.4 million professional servicemen/women (and 1.4 million reserve), 8325 Tanks, 15,000+ Aircraft, 6,000+ helicopters, more ammunition than the private sector can even imagine ect ect[2]. The Pro-gun crowd would be pummeled within a matter of months, and the only effect would be countless lives lost and an immediate backlash against guns and weapons and a destruction of the credibility of the gun lobby. If we want to keep our gun rights, starting a rebellion that we're going to lose is an extremely poor way to do it. A rebellion should only be attempted in a try or die scenario where if we do not resist we will lose all our rights--some politicians arguing for a bill that puts some restrictions on a handful of firearms that almost certainly isn't going to be passed anyway is no reason to try and forcibly disarm people.

II. Rights violation

Short and simple, those in favor of stricter gun control also have a right to own a fire arm. It seems a funny way to enforce gun rights by trying to take away peoples rights.

III. US hegemony

A sudden, violent insurrection in the United States would draw in all or many servicemen abroad and weaken our military muscle. Parts of the United States would probably have to be put under martial law, and this would parallel the fall of many other great nations through history due to infighting. This would serve only to herald the fall of US hegemony which I think my opponent and I can both agree is good.

Vote Con.

1. http://www.dailykos.com...;
Killuminati1776

Pro

Killuminati1776 forfeited this round.
Killuminati1776

Pro

Killuminati1776 forfeited this round.
thett3

Con

Well this is dissapointing, could've been fun
Posted by bocaj427 4 years ago
bocaj427
2nd ammendment. That is the only words to say.
Vote Placed by drafterman 4 years ago
drafterman
Killuminati1776thett3Tied
Vote Placed by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
Killuminati1776thett3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by ClassicRobert 4 years ago
ClassicRobert
Killuminati1776thett3Tied