Trapeeze
buildingapologetics

Should Animal Farming without Fair Animal Welfare be a crime?

Trapeeze has forfeited round #2.

Trapeeze

Pro

I argue that animal farming without fair animal welfare is a crime worthy offense.

Animals should be pampered in line with the pain and imprisonment they must endure on farms, and properly exercised during the farming process, so that they are happy during their lives and especially happy with farming conditions.

Farmers who do not enforce a 'Happy Animal Scheme', should be punished by law for mistreatment of conscious beings.

Fishing is different, fish are found in the sea and live their lives underwater, where they have a chance to be happy.

Mammals who are kept on farms do not have a chance to lead happy lives, and are held back by poor farming conditions.

My case is that Animal Farming should require a 'Happy Animal Scheme' (described in the second paragraph), otherwise Animal Farming should be a punishable offense by law.
buildingapologetics

Con

I assume this is the acceptance round since you simply stated your position.

I believe animal farming is an amoral practice or a practice that is unrelated to morality unless animals are intentionally tortured for no gain. It will be your burden of proof to show that this is an immoral practice.

Could you explain exactly what you mean by happy, how you know these animals can be happy, and why animal happiness is a good thing? Also, I would like to know what you mean more specifically by the "Happy Animal Scheme". What specific practices would you like to be done, and how do you know they will make the animal happy if we should care about its happiness.

Further, if animal happiness is desirable and can be achieved, you have the burden of proof of explaining why it should be put into law.

I look forward to an interesting debate.