matthewmatt14
bobert_435

Should Animals be kept in a zoo.

bobert_435

matthewmatt14

Con

I think that animals need open space to run free in the wild. Not cramped in a glass box. Why would we take animals from their natural habitat to be put up for display.

Good luck to the Pro side.
bobert_435

Pro

I understand what you mean when you say we are taking animals from their natural habitat and I totally understand that. But sometimes animals have to be taken from the wild. It is sometimes because the animal is injured and needs to be taken care of for awhile until they are back at full health. And also, most of the time, the animals are kept and nursed to health and then they are released back. So I feel that taking them for awhile is the right thing to do.
matthewmatt14

Con

I understand that you think Nursing them back to health is a good idea but when we finished with that we put them in cages. I say about 0.6% of the time animals are released into the wild. Yes we are doing good by nursing them back to health but we never let them go home. Animals need space to fly, run and, swim.
bobert_435

Pro

Yes, I agree that some zoos don't let animals back into the wild yet most do. After an animal is nursed back to health most of the time they let it go. Also it may seem bad that animals are trapped in these cages, I get that, but you have to remember that these animals are getting protection from predators, free food that they don't have to hunt for, and also most importantly, the animals get tended to their every need. For example, this summer me and some friends went to a zoo. There was a cage with a tiger in it. That seems bad but first off, the cage was huge. Second, there was lots of exercise equipment (such as ramps to run up and down) and also fun things to do (such as tire swings, slides, etc.). Also we noticed around the top of every hour a worker would come in, give the tiger food, refill its water bowl, and clean up its waste. So really it seems like it would be bad for the animals to be in cages, but if you look on the upside, it is actually a good thing to do for the animals.
matthewmatt14

Con

True but the animal will get to happy around a human and when its time to let them go they wont want to. What animal wants to be put on display for humans to see. A cage is no where near as big as the wild. There is still food out there and animals can find it. Keeping an animal in a cage is cruel and animals should be set free. A CAPS study found that at least 7,500 animals " and possibly as many as 200,000 " in European zoos are "surplus" at any one time. Not to mention that animals are TAKEN from their own environment to be put in a zoo.
bobert_435

Pro

So most animals aren't necessarily taken from their environment. Most of them are born there and get used to being fed and would never survive in the wild. It is good that the zoo keepers are keeping them then to help them live. The parents most of the time are the ones that are released. The children are then fed and taken care of until they grow up so it just looks like they took them from the wild but really they've been there their whole life. So really its helping, not hurting.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
I think the pro is either unintelligent, uneducated, or very forgetful...
Posted by Lukas8 2 years ago
Lukas8
Actually there are large-area zoos that actually allow animals to have a large habitat, but anyway im for the reductions of zoos, against environmental privatisations and animals in zoos should have more rights for their life basics. But completley eliminating zoos is very unlikley.
Posted by Unders 2 years ago
Unders
I think Zoo's are fine as long as the animals are healthy and happy.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
matthewmatt14bobert_435Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con only puts some stumbles in pro's path to victory, especially in that pro shows the positive effects of keeping animals in zoos, typically within injured animals