XuMSC2014
ZhengMSC2014

Should Arts be limited not expanded

XuMSC2014

Pro

I think people need to focus more on academic education not immerse ourselves in arts. Maybe arts can help people refresh the soul but it will not help the whole developed their comprehensive power.
ZhengMSC2014

Con

There is no doubt that other subjects are important. But art should not be taken lower position than math or history. Of course not everyone would become an artist, but on the other hand, not everyone would become engineer either.
The study of the art could gave students a sense of beauty, or a way to be creative. I think the study of the art could help to improve the study of the other subjects.
XuMSC2014

Pro

Yes,u r right on that point, people can be creative by touch on art. Another contribution thing need to support is, people need to clarify what is the art, that is identified only a thing can get rid of your daily stress or your job grind. People should have their main work to do and they will judge art is only a thing to enjoy to rely on that for live .
By the way, maybe artists can regard art is their whole life, but still most people not emphasize a lot on art. Thus, art is already limited in people's life. That is for sure.
ZhengMSC2014

Con

ZhengMSC2014 forfeited this round.
XuMSC2014

Pro

Well, on another aspect. We can still find out that Art doesn't contribute to this society a lot. Even though Renaissance in Europe saved the European people out of Dark age, still, art just play a role that people can make a relaxation and the major stuff still need to based on the comprehensive economy ability and have a powerful monarchy. In a short, Art can be limited because it is not that useful to people financial life.
ZhengMSC2014

Con

I think the contribution of the art should not be measured by what it brings on finance. Learning the art might not gonna make people rich, but the rich isn't means everything. There are many artists transport their ideas of peace or equal in their art works. Those effects that the art brought may not worth any money, but people would no say their are worthless. Art is changing the social in a different way, a way that is more selfless and expressive.
XuMSC2014

Pro

Yes, you can be right. The effect of art can't measure on money. It is a little bit cold blooded. But, people can enjoy the art really well only based on they have a wealthy life. Through the history, whatever the ancient Europe or ancient China. Only aristocracy can live with art. Other poor people or even the normal citizens always struggled for life for food. That's why, maybe art self cannot measure on financial aspect, but people will think consciously that only rich people can touch art or enjoy it then they will limit the art life and immerse themselves in daily stress.
ZhengMSC2014

Con

Art is not the thing that only for wealthy people. Art it's among all of us. Such as the cover of the textbook that we read everyday, it's the graphic design. The nice clothes that we looking forward to get, it's the apparel design. Those poster we saw everyday is the illustration. Society is developing, art as a necessary element is expanding and it should not be limited.
XuMSC2014

Pro

To conclusion, I think Art can be learned but just some basic knowledge. People really don't need to focus on that a lot. Because there are still something else need us pay a attention and people can leave without art but can't live with in a corrupted government and declined economy country.
ZhengMSC2014

Con

As the society is developing everyday, I think the position of the Art would be more and more important. I don't think art is only for artist and only be appreciated by wealthy.It's the things that brings the positive energy to people's diary life, and a transformation of the words.
Posted by Tranmsc2014 3 years ago
Tranmsc2014
I think art should be expanded. Although I don't draw good like Zheng (Cute Cute) or others but whenever I looked at his paintings, I still feel more relax than reading history book or science books =o=
Posted by limsc2014 3 years ago
limsc2014
Not everybody is good at studying, maybe they can do very well on art or something else. Also I think art should keep expanding, so we can have better art product.
Posted by bickfordmsc2014 3 years ago
bickfordmsc2014
I think the study of art should be expanded on. The profession of "artist" can often be looked down upon, but they are responsible for so much entertainment in today's world that people love, and adults should encourage kids who want to be artists to try for what they want.
Great topic!!
Posted by caimsc2014 3 years ago
caimsc2014
I still believe the art should be expanded. People need study different subject, but some of them are interested in art, they need get a chance to expand the art. And it also connect with other subject. So it is necessary. But Ann's opinions are more convincing.
Posted by jiaomsc2014 3 years ago
jiaomsc2014
I think other subjects are important. But we are living in the modern world now. We should learn every subject. And everyone have freedom to choose which subject they like. So art should not be taken lower position than other subject. If it does, that's unfair to people who interest at art like Zheng.
Posted by desaulnierspmsc2014 3 years ago
desaulnierspmsc2014
Great points -- a very creative way to argue for the necessity of arts! Well done.
I like the point about art being for everyone while recognizing the valid point made about the financial costs inherent with art. One additional point could have regarded student engagement in school as a positive.
Posted by XuMSC2014 3 years ago
XuMSC2014
Good job~~~~~