xoxtalking.cute
CannedBread

Should Asylum Seekers be Welcomed?

CannedBread

xoxtalking.cute

Pro

Yes. Asylum seekers should certainly be welcomed in countries.
What are asylum seekers? They are poor, hopeful, and unfortunate though innocent, people. For example, during wars, many asylum seekers seek refugee in different countries, because they want to live a better life. Happily, with their family. They have done nothing wrong to start a war in their country, but it just happens to be that way. A war begins before they know it.
Did they ask for a war? NO! Of course not. They just wanted to be healthy, happy, and loved. Of course, they are loved, but they may not be able to love someone if they live in a country which is about to diminish.
They escape for their best. Think of the number of luxuries they would have, compared to the amount of peace and comfort we have. Do they come wearing designer jeans, a snap back, and trunk full of jewellery and souvenirs? NO.
We may come like that, but certainly not them. They come in rags, with messy hair, and just a suitcase of clothes for an entire family. That's how eager they are, and that's how keen they are to live and find another home.
If you found a tiny, weak, injured puppy on the road, would you turn a blind eye to it? Surely not! If you would, well, then you will one day end up worse than that puppy. However, most people would take it in, nurture and give it a home. And, why was this puppy hurt? Because nobody cared for it, and its owner had just abandoned it.
Well, asylum seekers are the same. Just they, are humans. Not much of a difference, is there? The only difference is the noun we use to call the homeless one.
Vote Pro/For if you would nurture a puppy back to health! ;D
CannedBread

Con

I get what you are saying, an example you could have used would have been the Jews seeking refuge during the Nazi occupation of Europe. But there is many a problem with granting asylum to certain people, as an example say a individual commits a crime in a country, and they are actively being pursued by the country in which they committed the crime, the crime is not a minor crime like the robbery of a house, but an assassination of a public official. Would you grant them asylum if they requested it? Its like when Edward Snowden leaked all that information about the NSA and he fled to Russia on asylum, most people considered him a criminal who committed treason, wouldn't you have thought that he should have stood trial, instead of fleeing to Russia. I too think that people seeking asylum should be granted it, but only if the circumstances are just.
xoxtalking.cute

Pro

Though the argument posted against is true, it was not yet strong enough for me to fall under the words. I still have no doubt that yes, of course, asylum seekers should be welcomed.
Yes, some may be criminals, but that makes up for only about 7% of asylum seekers. The other 93% are innocent people who want a second chance to live a nice life. We cannot turn back everybody just because three of them may be criminals.
Also, we could turn back the criminals and accept only the honest asylum seekers. We just need to be responsible and take it under our control.
Vote for if you believe that everyone should be given a second chance, as long as they are honest! :D
CannedBread

Con

From reading your past arguments, I have come to the conclusion that you might mean immigrants? Aren't they virtually the same thing in a way? But you aren't understanding what I was saying, I was saying that most people should be let in, while others are turned away. Like as another example, a man wants to seek asylum in the United States, he has been known to associate with terror groups, he is being hunted down by maybe Germany, or China. Would you let him in? I get what you are saying, like let a majority of people in, and keep criminals out. I agree with you there. But say a flood of people are seeking asylum in the country of Romonovia, from the country of Sconeistan(I've come up with that name as it is the thing I'm eating right now), they have been known to be avid readers of the "Sconeistan Tribune" it is a anti-Romonovian newspaper, would you let them in as they have probably been exposed to anti-state propaganda. When mass amounts are seeking asylum would you let all of them in? You wouldn't be able to do back-round checks on all of them. So its best not to let everyone seeking asylum in.
xoxtalking.cute

Pro

xoxtalking.cute forfeited this round.
CannedBread

Con

Couldn't even come up with an argument, I have won, you have lost, no one can save you now! You will rue the day that you challenged me to a debate.
xoxtalking.cute

Pro

xoxtalking.cute forfeited this round.
CannedBread

Con

I have won this debate, your cowardliness to not post an argument has resulted in your defeat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Posted by CannedBread 2 years ago
CannedBread
How is there 4 rounds of this? Its the same argument over and over again.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
xoxtalking.cuteCannedBreadTied