rogueone
chokerboy12345

Should Atheists be Kicked out of Boy Scouts?

chokerboy12345 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

rogueone

Con

Rules
1. No forfeits
2. Any citations or foot/endnotes must be provided in the text of the debate
3. No new arguments in the final round
4. No trolling
5. No semantics
6. My opponent accepts all definitions and waives his/her right to add definitions
7. Violation of any of these rules or of any of the R1 set-up merits a loss.
8. No "K's" on the topic.
9. All citations should be links, and may not be hidden behind a login
10.For all undefined terms, individuals should use commonplace understandings that fit within the logical context of the resolution and this debate
Format
R1: Pro Arguments
R2: Con Arguments, Pro Rebuttals
R3: Con Rebuttals, Pro Defense
R4: Con Defense and Further Rebuttals, Pro Defense, Further Rebuttals, and Conclusion
R5: Con Defense and Conclusion, Pro Waives
I thank my opponent in advance and wish them the best of luck.
chokerboy12345

Pro

First let me start this by thanking con for creating this debate and I hope we will have an interesting debate.

Atheists shouldn't only be banned from the boy scouts, they should also be killed. Atheists are so annoying. They poison everything they touch. I used to be one! I was an atheist scumbag, I watched videos of Richard Dawkins, Douglas Murray and Christopher Hitchens (who is in hell right now). No one in the world can stand these godless people. They never shut up about being disgusting atheists, so they should be killed. They always love to point out that they don't think God is real, and they give their faggy arguments and try to create a debate. I don't even believe in God, but I'm a Christian just because I don't want to be associated with these people. Kill all atheists. #maga
rogueone

Con

Contention One: It would be unfair and unconstitutional to kick Atheists out of Boy Scouts
One instance where we saw persecution towards a religious group like this was in 1933 in Nazi Germany. It first started with people like my opponent verbally harassing Jews and then it escalated to the banning of Jews from certain public areas and got worse and worse from there. This would be the first step to a modern Atheist Holocaust in America. Is this what we as Americans want? It would be a constitutional violation of the first amendment. The government, (Boy Scouts is affiliated with the United States Government), can't endorse or destroy a single religion. We all have the right to worship as we choose and to not be persecuted for it.
Contention Two: The Boy Scouts can't afford to lose all Atheist Scouts
Statistic Brain reported on August 1st, 2015 that only 12% of all Boy Scouts will receive contact with a church during their Scouting years. The Boy Scouts already has fewer and fewer numbers, they can't afford to lose 88% of their members by expelling all Atheists.
Contention Three: It would go against the Scout Law
From the time a boy very first joins the Scouting organization at age 8, they are taught the scout law which states, "A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly,", this would be a very unfriendly act if we kicked all Atheists out of the scouting organization. If you as a voter have any morals whatsoever I urge you strongly to vote for me and allow Atheists to continue in the Scouting Program.
Posted by Sinque 1 year ago
Sinque
I'd say religious/ignorant people (because all religious people are ignorant) should be kicked out of boy scouts.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by chokerboy12345 1 year ago
chokerboy12345
sh*t i ran out of time
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
It is fully constitutional, it is called right of association, allows for private businesses to refuse service to any customer. The only argument is whether or not they are a private organization as they receive a lot of funding and benefits that most private groups do not.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
rogue1 you have to finish the debate before anyone can vote.
Posted by LordDeclan 1 year ago
LordDeclan
rogue1 as much as I would love to give you my vote I unfortunately cannot as I don't meet the minimum requirements for voting.
Posted by LordDeclan 1 year ago
LordDeclan
I was saying that in that debate he hasn't provided reasons he has simply said it's moral jo154676.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
Well declan I think you missed the point, he is allowed to say these things and he should be, provided he uses evidence and real arguments rather than nonsense. But I agree with a suspension or ban
Posted by LordDeclan 1 year ago
LordDeclan
This guy needs banning, he's been a continual troll. Anyone seen that he's debating that men raping women is moral? A disgusting human being. People come to this site for mature debate, not idiocy, slander and evil ideas.
Posted by jo154676 1 year ago
jo154676
I guess that no trolling thing went out the window real quick