Jamesothy
JTSmith

Should Barack Hussein Obama become the next president?

Con Tied Pro

Jamesothy

Con

I do not understand why anyone would want Obama to be president. He has no experience and is a lying cheating stealing politician from Chicago.
JTSmith

Pro

Let me tell you why so many people want Sen. Obama to be the next president of the United States.
He inspires us.
He brings us together.
We recognize that its time for some serious change and Sen. Obama doesnt want to make that change. He wants to LEAD US in making these changes. He has the capacity to bring the American people together in a way that McCain can't.

There have been other times in American history when a president was elected because of his inspiring message.

Teddy Roosevelt - was considered a clueless cowboy, but managed to win reelection with his inspriational speeches. TR brought americans together in a way no previous president had, and he lead american into the 20th century with amazing success.

Woodrow Wilson- another candidate that inspired the american people to an election victory. Woodrow wilson saw loads of progress through his term and brought America together as we entered WW1.

Franklin D. Roosevelt- entered in the same situation as Sen. Obama. Herbert Hoover(R) had just left office and had left the country in a depression! Hoovers failed policies and failed relief policies had left america helpless. FDR inspired the american people through his beautiful rhetoric. Once elected, his New Deal brought unbelievable progress in the attempt to stimulate the economy until we entered WW2.

John F. Kennedy - had no experience. He was a one term senator from MA. His powerful words and his passion for the American cause got him elected, and his 1000 days in office were perfect as a level-headed senator carefully manuevered us out of conflict with the soviets and brought great progress to the civil rights movement.

(next and my personal favorite)

Ronald Reagan - ran his campaign on the idea of Hope, and the american dream. He was NOTHING MORE than a CELEBRITY (sound familiar?). He inspired americans and brought them together. Reagan won the election and ran two of the greatest terms in american history as he oversaw a powerful economy and a powerful, but reluctant military.

These presidents inspired a nation.
Sen Obama is the next great american president!
It is clear by looking back, that the greatest times in american history are those when america was united behind one american president. Barack Obama has the ability to bring people together in a way Sen. McCain never can (hence the celebrity ad). Obama will bring the american people together once again and lead us in the great cause. Change.

(Ironically...it appears the Obama, will be the next Ronald Reagan. Why?
Because Ronald Reagan was not great because of his politics, but because of his character, and his ability to bring americans together. Obama has these same qualities. McCain does not...)
Jamesothy

Con

First off-
Don't insult the greatest American president by comparing him to Obama.
He is my role model and my hero and I NEVER want to hear that again.

Second-
How does Obama inspire? What issues is he inspiring you on??? His through the roof taxes? His 'I want America to become weak and defenseless so we can have another 9/11'???
Which of these policies inspire you? Is it Obama's promise for 'change'? If Obama wants change so much, why does he have a vice-presidential candidate who has been in the senate for 35 years and done nothing EXCEPT get things wrong???

Third-
McCain has more bravery, courage and leadership in his little finger than Obama and Biden have put together. In case you haven't done your research, McCain spent six years in the 'Hanoi Hilton'- the most terrifying prison in the world.

Fourth-
Again, you didn't do much research, otherwise you would have realized that JFK was in the Navy and received the Navy and Marine Corps Medal, a Purple Heart, an Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal and the World War II Victory Medal. Would you leave Regan out of this??? He was not just a celebrity. He was a GOVERNOR of one of the largest states in the country, he was president of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), and he was re-elected by a landslide in 1984 because the people liked him (over half of the country hates Obama). SAG is an American labor union representing over 120,000 film and television principal performers and background performers worldwide. I also might add Ronald Regan did a little more than just be a "community organizer".
You said "these presidents inspired a nation." You also forget that most of the presidents you mentioned have military and leadership experience.

Unlike your Obama, who worked for one of the biggest criminals in history (Antoin 'Tony' Rezko) who is now indicted and facing criminal charges. Obama tried drugs illegally when he was younger and he was a Muslim. The definition of a Muslim is "anyone who has publicly pronounced the Showgirl, which states, 'There is no god except God and Muhammad is His Messenger.'" For Obama to have once been Muslim, means he still is and always will be. If you have short term memory (and you are older than I) 9/11 was committed by Islamic fundamentalists who despise America (Capital 'A'). Keep in mind we are talking about the same politician who REFUSED to wear the American flag lapel pin, took every flag (except the one that is required by law) off of his plane, and did not put his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

If I remember correctly, Regan had... oh yeah NONE of those qualities.
JTSmith

Pro

First off-
Compare similarities between Sen. Obama and President Reagan. There are a lot of them.
1. They both were critisized for having a lack of experience (despite reagans two terms as governor)
2. They were both attacked for being "just celebrities"
3. They both ran a campaign on hope, change, and the american dream
4. They both inspired a nation by the idealistic and powerful rhetoric
5. They both won very unpredictable nominations
The comparison between Ronald Reagan and Sen. McCain???
1. They are both republicans
2. They were both old...

So maybe its time for a closed-minded conservative to see past partisan party politics and stop worrying about political parties. Im an independent... i have sided republican and i have sided democrat. I vote for the best man for the job, not for the republican and not for the democrat. You should see past Reagans republican label and realize that he was an inspirational man who served this country well. So is Senator Obama.

Moving on.

Obama inspires the American people to do better and to come together and make a difference. Unlike McCain, Obama realizes the need of ALL americans, not just one, to make a difference. He gives americans a view of a better future for us and our children.

Now moving on from ideaology, lets argue politics.

You said:
"His through the roof taxes?"
Let me tell you about Baracks "through the roof taxes". This is a clear example of republican closed mindedness. Republicans are trying to paste the democratic agenda on Obama. Here's the real truth.
Senator Obama will cut taxes for 95% of middle-income americans. You dont have to take my word for it. CNN recently ran the numbers.
Senator Obama's tax plan will cost any american making less than 120,000 dollars a year, less than John McCains will!!! Both you and I will be paying less taxes under an Obama administration, then under a McCain administration!

Also, you said:
"If Obama wants change so much, why does he have a vice-presidential candidate who has been in the senate for 35 years and done nothing EXCEPT get things wrong"

First, that is an unsubstanciated claim and is largely a matter of opinion!
Either way, It is better to have a Veep that has done something(Sen. Biden), than it is to have one who has done nothing at all (Gov. Palin)

Now as far as John McCain and change goes...
If John McCain is sooo big on bringing change to washington as a maverick, than why has he voted with Bush 90% of the time? If John McCain is SOOO big on bringing change, than why did he change his mind on several issues to tow the Republican line? He changed his view on gas taxes. He changed his view on immigration. He changed his view on torture. He even changed his opinion of Iraq war supporters! Gosh... we need change... but i didnt mean a change of MIND!
If John McCain is soo big on change than why does he support the same tax and economic policies that have brought us into this recession. If John McCain is so big on change then why does he support the same educational policies of Bush; the same educational policies that brought us from being the 3rd best education in the world, to only the 21st in only 8 years! If John McCain is big on change then why does he support a war that the majority of americans dont support, that 7 out of 10 Iraqi citizens dont support, and that the Iraqi government doesnt support?

Moving on to your third point...
You are right! John McCain DID spend six years in a prison camp. He has earned my respect for his service, courage, and bravery...BUT the White House is not a Medal of Honor!! John McCain cannot and should not earn the white house based on his courage in conflict. Only on his experience and his plans for America's future! Sen. McCain can beat his war record over my head as much as he wants to, but it does not qualifiy him for the oval office.

Moving on to the fourth...
Ronald Reagan was but a celebrity to the public view, despite his governorship!

Ronald Reagan is to 1980
as
Arnold Swarzenagger is to today!

Reagan was a celebrity politician and hundreds of millions of americans had NO faith in his gubernatorial experience! Reagan won by his powerful words; not by his experience!

Lastly!
Dont you dare question Obama's integrity and his patriotism. You have been brainwashed by McCains twisted Karl Rove-style politics my friend.
If Obama was such a bad person...then why did he settle for a paycheck that equated to only $12,000 annualy to improve american lives?
If Obama is such a bad person, then why did he practice civil law, fighting for the civil liberties of average americans?
If Obama is such a bad person than why did he give up a six digit salary on wallstreet to be an illinois senator?
If Obama is so unpatriotic, then why did he teach constitutional law?
If Obama is so unpatriotic, then why ON EARTH would he want to run for president???
If Obama is so bad and so unpatriotic than why has he literally dedicated his life to improving American lives??

and as a final note...
Check your facts! Obama has been a practicing Chrisitian his ENTIRE life! The muslim allegations are COMPLETELY false, and the only people who have still clung on to this obviously false notions are the neocons who are soo closedminded that they see any non-republican as a devilworshipper! Open your eyes and see the world they way it really is. Diverse!!!
Jamesothy

Con

Ronald Regan has nothing to do with this debate. LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS!!!! There is no point in comparing a politically lying (he said he supports "extended health care for troops who've been neglected"- according to FactCheck.org he didn't even vote for that bill)

crook who is about as unpatriotic as you can be (Bill Ayers, Tony Rezko and Jeremiah Right).

He took drugs,

hurt people with healthcare,

and married a horrible person obsessed with money.

http://www.marginalrevolution.com...
http://www.obamatruth.org...
http://www.wherethemoneygoes.com...

When someone insults Gov. Palin's experience, I get ticked because there is no way to hammer this home to you democrats but ah, here it goes-

Obama- A Muslim black man obsessed with change and money with 140 days as a SENATOR with NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER!!!! A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE AS THE GOVERNOR OF THE LARGEST STATE IN THE US!!!! WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT???
Biden- 35 yrs of (yes) getting it wrong. He wanted to SPLIT IRAQ INTO THREE PARTS AND LET THEM FIGHT IT OUT!!! If that isn't wrong, I don't know what is!!!

McCain- Has enough experience for ten people as far as I'm concerned. He was a POW and served in the Navy which is more than that sissy Obama can say. Oh, no, wait. I forgot. Obama was a community organizer- of course that has the same amount of leadership experience as a NAVY PILOT!!!!!
Palin- WOMAN GOVERNOR of the frontline US defense against the Pacific theatre. She probably has clearance we don't even know about. Her husband is a blue collar worker (Steel Worker's Union), BP Oil supervisor, and he owns a commercial fishing business. Sarah herself is a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association and was the captain of her HS Basketball team (even that is more than a "community organizer").

Obama- Black man, Illinois, evolutionists
Biden- White man

McCain- Anti-Abortion (evangelicals), white man, veterans, former POWs, South West
Palin- WOMAN, union workers, mothers, gun owners, "hockey moms", Alaska, fisherman

The fact that you are male is an "unsubstanciated claim and is largely a matter of opinion".

John McCain did change his mind on a number of issues (like Obama). Drilling is one of them.

I know that McCain has voted with Bush 90% of the time. That is why I like him. PS- I never said McCain wanted change- you did.

"McCain can beat his war record over my head as much as he wants to, but it does not qualifiy him for the oval office."
If that doesn't qualify someone- being shot down in combat over North Vietnam and being held in the 'Hanoi Hilton' for six years isn't I don't know what is.

Thank you and goodnight.
JTSmith

Pro

Oh but Ronald Reagan is such a huge part of this debate because he was considered a "qualified candidate" by republicans yet he was "just a celebrity". In the same respect that Reagan was considered qulaified so is Sen. Obama.

Further more
Your personal attacks on Sen Obama are ridiculous!!! I Laughed! I honestly laughed!!!!

1. Barack Obama experimented with drugs...
Cindy McCain was an ADDICT! Besides! Barack and everyone else in the 60s college seen. So what? He doesnt anymore.

2.Hurt people with healthcare?
My friend if you going to make accusations like that...provide some evidence! As fas as google and I are concerned, this never happened!

3. He married a horrible person obsessed with money!?!?! (this is the on i laughed at)
Barack was making only 12,000 dollars a year when he married michelle. She want looking for riches then! Barack is STILL married to michelle! John McCain on the other hand, divorced the wife who waited SIX YEARS for him to be released from the POW camp and married a RICH girl who was born the same year McCain graduated from high school!!!!
Are you seriously gunna fight the marriage battle???

Moving on...
You are right...Sen. Obama has 140 days of US Senator experience
as well as 7 years of IL senate experience
4 yrs as a constitutional law professor
experience as a community organizer...an EXECUTIVE position
a degree in international relations
and a degree in Law
Dont leave out the truth Jamesothy...that the McCain thing to do

Again I would like to emphasize this point
The White House IS NOT a medal of honor!! John McCain does not deserve it just because he spent six years in a POW camp!!!

Also...
You said:
"WOMAN GOVERNOR of the frontline US defense against the Pacific theatre. She probably has clearance we don't even know about."

SERIOUSLY!
Come one...do u honestly expect me to buy that bull? Comeone and face it...Sarah Palin has NO foreign policy experience! She has never been to Iraq, only kuwait, germany, and ireland(for a fuel stop). She has never even seena foreign leader and she has never had to deal with any kind of international crisis!!! Spending 1/2 of a term as governor of the second LEAST populated state in the US doesnt really qualify her either...

Barack Obama has met with world leaders. He has seen Iraq first hand. He has toured Europe to gather international information. He was the Jr. Chairman of the Foriegn Relations Subcomittee for European Nations. That alone makes Palin look pathetic...

You also said:
" PS- I never said McCain wanted change- you did"
I did...and did John McCain!
he said "...washington, change is coming!"

Now finally...
dont wast my time with your mindless twisted propoganda videos. I can find plenty about John McCain to but I certainly havent bothered wasting both of our time.
Debate with FACTS...not twisted fiction...

Barack Obama on the other hand
Posted by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
pssssst...
FDR's policies did not bring us out of the deppression...

and Reagan would be having a fit over both candidates...
Posted by jdwooch 8 years ago
jdwooch
Alirght i was just wondering your reasons for why being gay is bad
thank you for responding in a polite manner
um... good talking to you even though we disagree on stuff
Posted by cmrnprk07 8 years ago
cmrnprk07
JDwooch: Although I don't believe you addressed the essance of my comment, you did respond so I thank you!
Now for your question: "What's wrong with being gay?" Because this is a sensative issue, I will try to answer your question with some sensativity.
I can list many of my beliefs on this subject, but that will take too much time.
I will state categorally that I believe that God loves the homosexual as much as he Loves anyone else. I make a distinction between the act of homosexuality and the homosexual. That is I believe that one can be homosexual and not engage in the act of homosexuality.

The biggest problem I see with being gay (homosexual) is that it is abberant behavior. From an anthropological standpoint, homosexuality does not aid in the continuation of a species. If everyone were homosexual, the human race would be extinct with eighty, or so, years.
Another problem I see with the act of male homosexuality is that disease is more frequently spread through the act of sodomy. Injury to the rectum has been a serious, but not much mentioned, problem within the actively homosexual community.
So, the short answer to your question is that, my religious beliefs aside, I see several health issues that go habd in hand with the act of homosexuality.
As for the homosexual (gay man/woman): I've known several ,"gay" people in my life and I consider my GF's gay son to be my step son. He is intelligent, considerate, kind, caring and an all aroung good man. We have spoken about his homosexuality and he has stated many times that there is an underlying sadness in his life and in the lives of his homosexual friends.
I wish him better than the life he has chosen, but I would never deny him his right to feel any way he chooses to feel. I guess that I look past his sexuality and see a good person. I do believe he and other homosexuals would be happier if they were heterosexual, but that is a personal opinion.
Posted by jdwooch 8 years ago
jdwooch
First of all... in response to your comment about solo's debate... what's wrong with being gay

Also, no i haven't read the koran but it is common sense to realize that not all muslims are terrorists...
I've already made my point and i'm clearly not changing your mind so... it's pointless

Though I am a jew, i am not a very religious one at all. i only go to temple like 3 times a year lol (parents force me to)

Just cause ahmedinajad (too lazy to check spelling) said that he wants to wipe israel off the map doesn't mean that all muslims do.
True, muslims have been taught to dislike jews, but same goes for jews being taught to dislike muslims.
Again: answer this question- what's wrong with being gay?
Posted by cmrnprk07 8 years ago
cmrnprk07
JDwooch says: "The Koran says that Islam should be the world religion, but it does not say that they should destroy all non-muslims"
Please...please, tell me you're just kidding!
I'll forget about the rest of your ignorant comment and focus on this one issue.
You, and those like you (99% of Liberal Progressives and some so-called conservatives like GW Bush). Want us to believe that, "Islam is the religion of peace!" GW Bush has tried to shove that line of cr@p down the throats of the American people. THINK! Use the brain that God gave you and THINK! How is it that you are so easily led to your slaughter, JDWOOCH? Why have the "Most loved" and "God's chosen people", ALWAYS hated themselves? Why do you, as a Jew, want to jump into the fire? Do you hate yourself that much, JDWOOCH? You are a Jew, than act like one! Stand up and defend your people against what the, "Religion of peace", Islam. wants to do to you and the rest of the Jews. Do you have ears? Do you have eyes? YOU ARE ONE OF GOD'S CHOSEN!!!!!!!! FOR YOUR SAKE AND THE SAKE OF YOUR PEOPLE, wake up!
Iran's president came to our country, stood in the U.N., and said that. "Israel shall be wiped off the map!" Then, my, "fellow christians" (Thank you, SOLO!) WORLD COUNCIL OF CHURCHES, including the United Methodist Church, invited this man speak his vile hatred of the Jews and call for their destruction. CAN YOU READ....JDWOOCH? "Like lambs to the slaughter, you stand dumb before those who draw their swords to smite you! You have been led away by the king of Babylon and you will be led away again this time to your slaughter." THINK!
It's obvious that you have NEVER read a verse from the Koran and that you speak from your ignorance. To aid you in your education, I've attached a link for you where you can read these verses from the beginning to the end of the Koran (Qu'Rah-n).
http://islamizationwatch.blogspot.com...
Posted by cmrnprk07 8 years ago
cmrnprk07
Solo, I HOPE EVERYONE CHECKS OUT YOUR DEBATE WITH Brian_Egglstone, "Was Jesus gay" I HOPE THEY READ HOW YOU BERATE AND DEBASE, JESUS. You're a sniveling little boy. You are a coward! you have no regard for the Christian faith, all the while you defend the terrorist pagans. I truly hope that the people that read these comments follow your trail. You pathetic little puke!

Are you as narrow as you pretend to be? Did you actually read my comment? It is my belief that Mormon's are NOT Christian and therefore I am not a "hypocrite". the Mormon god is not my God. In LDS, they believe that God was once a man and man will one day become a God, complete with a planet within a solar system. In other words, They teach that all Mormon men will become gods just like the god they now worship?
EDUCATE YOURSELF, little boy! I show no deference to idots, my anger is obvious and I see this country going to hell in a hand-basket. I have zero tolerance for those who preach "TOLERANCE" (your group) and then go around singling out traditional Christianity and Christians for your attacks.
You, SOLO, are the true, "hypocrite"!
Posted by jdwooch 8 years ago
jdwooch
Lol cmrnprk you crack me up in a terrible, malicious sort of way.
You are a perfect example of why our world is so screwed up... you don't understand someone else's religion, so you say that they're terrorists. The Koran says that Islam should be the world religion, but it does not say that they should destroy all non-muslims. Even if it did that doesn't mean that everyone who is Muslim wants to destroy you because you're not muslim. Don't christians want to convert everyone they can also?
I'm not saying every muslim is good and not bad. The truth is there are muslim terrorists, but not all muslims are terrorists. Just as there are some Christians who want to hurt people, but not every christian wants to hurt people.
Just because a nation that is mostly muslim attacks isreal doesn't mean everyone in their country wants to blow isreal up.

Btw... i'm jewish

PS: you could say whatever you want about Islam but it doesn't change the fact that BARACK OBAMA (yes barack hussein obama) will win this election and your're going to look like the idiot you are.
Posted by solo 8 years ago
solo
Pardon my confusion over nothing. There's not mistake about cmrnprk07 being an idiot, for having to read his garbage, my apologies!
Posted by solo 8 years ago
solo
cmrnprk07,

So much for showing love to your fellow Christians, huh? You're a hypocrite. You accuse me of spewing hate because I criticize your belief system, but it's holier than though when you criticize the Church of Latter Day Saints because you have the right answer and they do not. YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE. You took a sacred and special part of their doctrine and you mock it, so guess what, loser? You're guilty of exactly what you found me guilty of, huh. Yeah. You're a loser. Get lost already. You aren't fit to join us on this site. Go to inbredidiots.com if you want to fit in with like-minded individuals.
Posted by cmrnprk07 8 years ago
cmrnprk07
Pardon my confusion over Con Vs. Pro. I mistakingly ascribed JTSsmith as CON, my apologies!
Vote Placed by NextGenerationElephant 4 years ago
NextGenerationElephant
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Reasons for voting decision: Haha look where he got us now. Deep in debt, still in Afghanistan, still fighting the drug war, still violating our rights (Patriot Act, NDAA). Obama sucks as a President.
Vote Placed by Dingo7 7 years ago
Dingo7
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by sienkinm 7 years ago
sienkinm
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by jjmd280 8 years ago
jjmd280
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by Jamesothy 8 years ago
Jamesothy
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by Mangani 8 years ago
Mangani
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by elgeibo 8 years ago
elgeibo
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by Julius_Caesar 8 years ago
Julius_Caesar
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 8 years ago
wjmelements
JamesothyJTSmithTied
Vote Placed by FoolsBeBroken 8 years ago
FoolsBeBroken
JamesothyJTSmithTied