ChaseDaAce
DimensionKC

Should Bernie Sanders be the next president?

ChaseDaAce

Con

I'd first like to make it clear that I do not support Bernie Sanders. I will be going against his campaign. Now, I will make my argument. Bernie Sanders would be, at most, just below a mediocre president. If he does what he says he will do, the United States will plunge even further into bankruptcy. He says he will invest trillions of dollars into repairing the infrastructure of America. This is a terrible idea. As of late 2015, the United States was around 19 trillion dollars in debt. That is already an awful situation. You'd think that the way to get out of this hole is to lower the government spending. Bernie Sanders doesn't think that's how to do it. He plans on spending even more to fix something that will most likely have little effect at all. Another thing he plans on doing is making college tuition free. Yes, this will benefit millions of young adults. No, this will not help the government. Many states will have to make tons of budget cuts. Taxes will increase. Nothing in the world is free. Someone will end up having to pay for that "free" item. There are many reasons Bernie Sanders shouldn't be president. I, however, will focus mainly on government spending.
DimensionKC

Pro

I am pro for this and here's why:

You may think you have the upper hand in this debate against Sanders, but you failed to realize that your argument is developed by false interpretations of our view on the entire world. What you fail to understand is that outside our consciousness, everything ceases to exist. Your argument is now declared invalid. Also, your debate topic has gone against your argument because this topic is a social construct and your argument is a social construct. Therefore, you are using social constructs to defend a social construct. Ironic, indeed. Care to explain the logic of this madness?
ChaseDaAce

Con

It seems that you think that my argument is made up of false interpretations. This time I will use quotes from Bernie Sanders to prove that he is in support of these crazy ideas. Here is a quote he said about the price of college tuition. "We are going to make public colleges and universities tuition-free." If you look at what I said previously, you will see that I said, "Another thing he plans on doing is making college tuition free. " This is clearly no misinterpretation. I said that Sanders wants to make college tuition free. This is exactly what the quote shows. "We should be investing one trillion dollars over five years to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure". I will use this quote to explain what I first stated. The quote shown here is Sanders saying that our government should spend a trillion dollars to save our crumbling infrastructure. This sounds just like what I said about it. The only real difference is that I said he wanted to spend several trillion dollars. There you go. I have just proven you wrong. You stated that my argument was a false interpretation of your views. Well, it doesn't look that false to me. It seems the madness rests with your logic.
DimensionKC

Pro

DimensionKC forfeited this round.
ChaseDaAce

Con

ChaseDaAce forfeited this round.
DimensionKC

Pro

DimensionKC forfeited this round.
Posted by UsefulOne 9 months ago
UsefulOne
The free college tuition issue is not realistic. In the same manner Sanders wants to increase wages, especially the minimum wage federally, how will he make something free? Money doesn't grow on trees. I doubt the union backed professors and teachers will work for free or less wages. So, it means more tax hikes. The problem is, taxation doesn't increase wages. Taxation burdens our wages. So, higher wages so that we can have a higher tax to pay for free stuff for others?

So much for a nation becoming more equal. It's more of the same. Punish those who work hard. Reward those who contribute minimally. You can't eliminate income inequality until you eliminate effort inequality.