MedResponseLLC
SJM

Should CPR be a requirement to graduate high school.

MedResponseLLC

Pro

More people that know CPR more lives that can possibly be saved during an out of hospital sudden cardiac arrest.
SJM

Con

Why should it be a requirement for people to know how to save other people and why do we have an obligation to?
MedResponseLLC

Pro

If you are home and a friend or family member has a sudden cardiac arrest 911 will take on average between 4 to 8 minutes depending where you live. If a family member knew CPR then help can begin immediately. Learning CPR will make the difference if only used for family or friends
SJM

Con

My opponent ignored what I said so I will paste it again. Why should it be a requirement for people to know how to save other people and why do we have an obligation to? If feel that we have no obligation to help other people. If someone has family or friend who they care about, then they will learn cpr by their self, but if they don't care about anyone, why should we make them learn how to car?
MedResponseLLC

Pro

Although I have to agree with you that we should and can not force people to care for other people we do on the other hand at times force people to learn. School although some people would voluntarily go some are forced whether by government, family or other external force. So I am all for forcing people as a requirement to learn CPR. Sometimes after a person forcefully or reluctantly learns a new skill they are more likely to use what they've learned to help others.
SJM

Con

"Although I have to agree with you that we should and can not force people to care for other people we do on the other hand at times force people to learn."

My opponent conceded that we should not force people to help, the only purpose of learning cpr has is when it's required to be done in order to help someone, but since pro conceded that we shouldn't force them to help other people the purpose of cpr is neglected.

"School although some people would voluntarily go some are forced whether by government, family or other external force."

What school does presently is not an indicator of whether something is right or wrong. My opponent essentially is making the point that schools force things already, and based on the assumption that they're right for doing so, we should force something else.

"Sometimes after a person forcefully or reluctantly learns a new skill they are more likely to use what they've learned to help others."

My opponent conceded people shouldn't be forced to help, therefore why would it matter if they learned the new skill in order so that they use it?