Should Canada have entered World War Two?

I believe that Canada should have entered World War Two, which they did. Con's job is to defend why they shouldnt've.

First round: Acceptance
Second round: First Arguments
Third round: Rebuttals/Further Arguments
Fourth round: Rebuttals/Further Arguments
Fifth round: Rebuttals/Closing Arguments

I Ginga_ninja accept to debate under the terms listed above, and I negate the topic "should Canada have entered WWII"

I will now present reasons as to why Canada should have entered the war.

I. Loyalty to the Crown
During WW2, Canada was subject to the Crown of the United Kingdom and it's Commonwealth areas. Since the United Kingdom had already declared war on Germany, the government of Canada found it logical to do the same out of loyalty to the Crown.

II. The Nazi Threat (and Axis)
Hitler had plans to attack America and Canada if his attacks in Russia and other neighboring countries worked out. If Hitler was successful in his attacks, it is logical to assume that he would then invade Canada and the USA. So, even though Canada declared war on Germany before an invasion happened, an assumption that Canada would have declared war later for that reason is safe to make.
Even aside from that, the Nazis and the other Axis members posed a huge threat. Canada was only doing good for the world in declaring war on Germany. An attack on Canada from Japan and/or even Italy was possible, so Canada took precautionary measures to make sure an event like that wouldn't happen.

More next round. I await Con's response.

Actually, Canada was highly involved in the war, they just weren't one of the main aspects, so therefor you win this debate.

Canada's military was active in every theatre of war, though most battles occurred in Italy, Northwestern Europe, and the North Atlantic.

Over the course of the war, 1.1 million Canadians served in the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Of these more than 45,000 lost their lives and another 54,000 were wounded. The financial cost was $21,786,077,519.13, between the 1939 and 1950 fiscal years. By the end of the War, Canada had the world's fourth largest air force, and third largest navy. As well, the Canadian Merchant Navy completed over 25,000 voyages across the Atlantic. Many Allied pilots trained in Canada during the war. Canadians also served in the militaries of various Allied countries.

By D-Day, 6 June 1944, the landings at Normandy were accomplished by two beachheads made by the American forces at Omaha and Utah, two by British forces, Sword and Gold, and a final one at Juno made by the 3rd Canadian Infantry Division.

The war had significant cultural, political and economic effects on Canada, including the conscription crisis which affected unity between Canadian francophone and Anglophones. However, the war effort not only strengthened the Canadian economy but further established Canada as a major actor on the world stage.

On 3 September 1939, to control inflation, the federal government established the Wartime Prices and Trade Board.

"So therefore you win this debate."
Um...thanks. You hear that everyone? Vote for me! I already won!

Then Con just starts giving us facts about Canada's involvement. Well I think some of us may have learned some things...

Oh well, this debate is probably going to decline from this point on. I will now give Con a sarcastic "gee thanks".
Gee, thanks.

Here is a guy in a chicken suit.

Thank you for your kindness.......

Well why'd you accept the debate if you're not going to debate for your case? #confused #poorlogic

I was not aware that Canada was already involved in the war, otherwise I would not have accepted this debate.

I explained they were in round 1.

And hey everyone, since this debate completely sucked, would anyone like to start it again with me? Comment if you would.

I'm sorry I didn't completely understand it.
Posted by STALIN 3 years ago
I can't vote, but if I could I would say that Pro won this debate. He had more convincing arguments and more reliable sources with that picture of a chicken. However we all know that Canada's contribution to the war was not as decisive as those of Britain, the USSR, and the USA.
Vote Placed by Eliter 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Very good PRO. But, Con should have argued back. But, he didn't.
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 3 years ago