antoniox20
ThatGuyYouSaw

Should Cats Be Able To Fly?

ThatGuyYouSaw
Started: 1/17/2014 Category: Cars

antoniox20

Pro

Cats are magical beings and should be able to fly
ThatGuyYouSaw

Con

Wow, i'm not going to decline this because that would make me look bad, please submit your first argument in the next round.
antoniox20

Pro

Cats have large legs that should be able to levatate
ThatGuyYouSaw

Con

Wow, ok time to prove you wrong.

"Cats have large legs that should be levitate"
What? Do you have any edivendence to support such a claim? This is obviously not a serious debate so this should be easy.

Counter-Argument
Now, if this were possible do you know how much trouble this will cause? If all cats could "fly" some miss-behaved cats could easily bite someone from above and easily get them infected. My sources of this evidence will be below. This is a large problem, as cats would fly down and cause problems all throughout the neighborhood, especially strays.

I will not take this argument further as I will not waste my time.

http://www.pawnation.com...
antoniox20

Pro

Well if cat legs wont levitate then cat muscles are stronger than most space shuttle engines so they could spin liek a helyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyycopter

also
You'll have to check with the airlines.. different ones have different policies..

I was in college, just about ready to leave, when a cat around campus had kittens.. So many cats wandering around had kittens, so a staff member said she was rounding them up to take them to the pound. Even though this kitten was 5 weeks old and too little to leave mom, I figured the pound was a worse fate, so I made an emergency phone call to mom..having several cats already, she couldn't take an adult.. but said we could take the kitten.. The airlines said she was too young to fly.. I was heartbroken

But t hen I called them back.. .they had mistakenly thought I was asking how old she must be to safely fly in CARGO.. .once I explained I wanted to carry her on in a carrier.. they said that was fine.. and I took her home..

Plan on taking your cats as carry on if at all possible.. It will just make you feel better.. I BELIEVE kittens can fly even in cargo once they're at least 8 weeks or so.. (my kitten, at 5 weeks, was just a bit too tiny to safely deal with lack of pressure...) You'll have to consult with a vet and with the airline to find out for sure.. don't know if anyone here can give you 100% guarantee answers, as each airline has their own policies..

BTW.. still have that "tiny kitten" She's about 8 years old, sweet and healthy as anything.. Thank God no serious effects from being taken from her mom so early (If she wasn't going to the pound I wouldn't have dreamed of it) Come to find out.. that was just an empty threat the cat-loving staff lady spread to shake-up all the irresponsible pet owners.. 8 years later I found out my cats mom is alive and well at a farm where a lady has a rescue of around 200 cats.. At least I'm sure it's her. My brother went there to give computer tech support.. he saw a cat that looked just like mine and even had one of her funny mannerisms.. The lady confirmed this particular lady brought her there 8 years ago, when she'd recently had kittens.. Gotta be her.... I know she wouldn't have lived long had she really been sent to the pound... Thank God that's not what this lady did..

Also BTW.. Himmies are GORGEOUS!! And the sweetest things in teh world.. what a breed!!! My mom got two kittens from a breeder in '95.. one passed of cancer last year.. she still has the male.. He's still stunning...
ThatGuyYouSaw

Con

Wow, ok move on then.

Finally Argument
"Well if cat legs wont levitate then cat muscles are stronger than most space shuttle engines so they could spin liek a helyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyycopter

also
You'll have to check with the airlines.. different ones have different policies.."

What? If cats could spin like a heliocopter that in-fact would break all of their bones, and no airlines have flying cats, I don't even need to prove this.

And your ficional life story about cats is great, you should make a novel.
And himmies aren't the SWEETEST BREEDS IN THE WORLD!! Thats an opionion please do not use opinions in your future debates.

Now voters, as you could see pro was easily disproven and everything pro has said so far is pure stupidity. Pro heres some advice, try to be serious about things next time, then I may debate you again.

Posted by baconandcheese 3 years ago
baconandcheese
Yeah, this totally belonged in the cars section...
Vote Placed by Wylted 3 years ago
Wylted
antoniox20ThatGuyYouSawTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con actually showed the cat he had was better off because it couldn't fly. Had the cat been allowed on the plane his life may have ended up considerably worse. Arguments to con.
Vote Placed by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
antoniox20ThatGuyYouSawTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made multiple spelling mistakes and Con made better arguments.
Vote Placed by MyDinosaurHands 3 years ago
MyDinosaurHands
antoniox20ThatGuyYouSawTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's story of taking a cat on an airplane flight proved that cats can fly, and he gave adequate reasons for why they should be allowed to be. This case went without proper refutation. Also no refutation was given to 'magical beings' so Con doesn't have the argument there either. Con had poor conduct, with derogatory statements toward Pro. Also, Con, this clearly was a troll debate from the start.