drakie.bro
getrekt20

Should Cell Phones Be Allowed To Be Used during School Hours

getrekt20
Started: 5/8/2015 Category: Technology

drakie.bro

Pro

I think us students should be allowed to use cell phones during school hours. One fact why I think we should because the school could save money on supplies like calculators or/and computers. The student could have fun on their phones during recces break and during class they could be monitored if they are staying on track with their work or fooling around and if they were to fool around they would get are phone taken away and have their parents called. To be honest kids in school already sneak their phones during class I've seen it myself and sometime I even do it but teachers don't see it so might as well just let them use their cell phones then just keep sneaking it behind their teachers back.
getrekt20

Con

Hi drakie.bro, I will be debating with you.

As a student too, I myself have impulses to use my phone during school hours. However, I know the appropriate time to use them. Using phones as calculators is fine, but like you said-students sneak their phones behind their teacher's back.

It won't be useful if students keep using it for entertainment. Students like to fool around with their phones. Encouraging the use of phones isn't going to help keep students on task and focused.
drakie.bro

Pro

Yes what you say is true but those student that teachers know fool around could be kept on extra watch and since there isn't much staff there could be more jobs for people to watch those kind of kids and to keep an extra eyes on those who do that.
getrekt20

Con

There shouldn't be an extra staff. The students should already know not to use their phones during class time. I'm sure the school won't be willing to provide that easy of a job. What they should do is keep their strict rule on phones. Phones distract the student from learning, and learning is important.
drakie.bro

Pro

drakie.bro forfeited this round.
getrekt20

Con

getrekt20 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by daem0n 1 year ago
daem0n
drakie.brogetrekt20Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro was the first to forfeit. S&G: Pro's posts are difficult to read. Arguments: Pro's impacts are student entertainment (why is this important?), saving money (how much?), and creating jobs (why is more staff a good thing?). Con's impact is education, which is actually the purpose of a school, and Con presents an argument that phones can hinder education by distracting students, and it is infeasible to try to solve that problem by keeping problem students on "extra watch" in the classroom. Pro does not refute this argument.