MolecularBird06
Swordfish1

Should Chemical Warfare be Legal

MolecularBird06

MolecularBird06

Pro

I am looking for a good debate. The first round will just be confirmation, from second round onward the real debate starts. I really look forward to debating.
Swordfish1

Con

Chemical warfare should be illegal for several reasons. First of all, chemical weapons are by definition weapons of mass destruction, and can effect a much more wide range of people than conventional weapons. This could lead to much more widespread killing than conventional warfare. Secondly, chemical weapons kill in particularly insidious and painful ways. Third of all, chemicals from chemical weapons can effect much more than people. These chemicals can contaminate entire water supplies and much more. Lastly, if one country were to attack another with chemical weapons, the attacked country could strike back with other weapons of mass destruction, like nuclear, biological, or radiological weapons. Now, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.
MolecularBird06

Pro

Well, I would first like to talk about the evolution of the gun. It originally was a weapon that lead to painful deaths. It was inaccurate and usually death wasn't caused by the bullet itself it was the infection the killed. Nasty, right. But as the gun evolved, it started being the round that killed, not the infection. Given time I am sure that chemical weapons can change. Also if used chemical warfare is used carefully, it could be used to save lives, and not contaminate water sources. Lets transport ourselves to the Middle East. Here we have insurgents fighting U.S troops, they know the are going to die, but they want to kill as many Americans as the can, what if we could remove the soldiers deaths, but still kill the insurgents, we could send chemicals into their hideouts instead of Marines. Also how come chemical warfare is banned, but not nuclear warfare, when the America bombed Japan, the nuke killed almost everyone in the cities, not just the targets.
Swordfish1

Con

Swordfish1 forfeited this round.
Swordfish1

Con

Swordfish1 forfeited this round.
MolecularBird06

Pro

Vote Pro.
Swordfish1

Con

Swordfish1 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Swagmasterpoopoo 3 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
MolecularBird06Swordfish1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gets conduct since con FF. However, Con had more arguments that were unrefuted. I feel like Pro didnt really provide a good response. Also, S&G to Con. Pro, please work on that or stop making typos.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
MolecularBird06Swordfish1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Hello? Is it me you're debating against? I can see your arguments you've made. I can see the rounds you've forfeited. All I ever wanted was; was an argument that I could debate against. And you know you stopped replying. And I want to tell you so much: Pro won.