gumchewer
USA1

Should Chewing Gum Be Allowed in School?

gumchewer

Pro

I think chewing gum should be allowed in school for many reasons. First of all, lots of students have bad breath. In my opinion, it is better to smell minty gum breath than nasty breath, so this is a very good reason. Second of all, it helps your health. 72% of gum users are taller than average. For example, my friend chewed gum every day in his 2nd period class and now he is 6 feet 2 inches. Imagine how short he would be if he never chewed gum. This is a fact because my doctor explained it to me. Well, actually my eye doctor explained it to me, but he counts because he is still a doctor, and he can probably see better than anyone I know because he is an eye doctor. Finally, chewing gum helps you remember things better. I put a piece of strawberry gym in my mouth, and I remembered all of the countries and capitals of Europe for my test. In countries where they allow gum chewing in schools, the graduation rate is 99%. That is 7% higher than the graduation rate in this country. So that is why I think you should chew gum.
USA1

Con

I think that is stupid that you think all of those fiction stories. In some cases sucking on something can help people remembered things. so instead of using sticking gum that sticks to seats you could something like tic-tacs. That way your breath wont stink and you can do well on all the tests you take in school, but there wont be gum stains everywhere at school
gumchewer

Pro

All right, all right, in all seriousness, I still believe that students should be able to chew gum inside of school, but not just for the gum. There are lots of reasons academic scholars would allow this, and one reason is that when we chew gum, more blood is pumped to our cranial area than usual- and the blood being pumped brings fresher oxygen for our brains cells benefit. This also increases our glucose levels, making students more aware and attentive to their studies.
Another line of research states that chewing gum can lead to a boost in students" academic performance. Kids that were allowed to chew gum required fewer breaks than normal, stayed silent when needed, and paid better attention than those who weren"t allowed.
Now some would say that when students chew gum they become negligent and leave it under desks and chairs. But, maybe when offered the privilege and having no need to hide it, they will become more responsible about it, and dispose of the chewed gum properly.
But I don"t know, Tic Tacs do sound pretty enticing.
USA1

Con

Yes that is right, but why does it have to be gum? Why cant it be Mentoes or tic-tacs.
gumchewer

Pro

gumchewer forfeited this round.
USA1

Con

USA1 forfeited this round.