daytonanerd
frozen_eclipse

Should Child Pornography be viewable

frozen_eclipse

daytonanerd

Pro

Resolution: That Child Pornography should be viewable.

I think Child Pornography should be viewable, because some child pornography viewings may be from searches/schemes/blackmail/malware/false Internet links.

No big debate in first round.
frozen_eclipse

Con

I would like to first wish upon the both of us a fun informative debate. Since my opponent offered no structure or definitions I will enact my liberty to do so.

Structure

1-acceptance
2-positions
3-rebuttals
4-summary/rebuttals

Child pornography-Child pornography, any visual depiction of sexually explicit conduct involving children under the age of 18, is a crime.
http://crime.about.com...

Viewable- fit to be watched: of a good enough standard, or in a good enough condition, to be watched.
http://www.bing.com...

Good-morally excellent; virtuous; righteous; pious.
http://dictionary.reference.com...

..............................................................................................................................................................

My opponent will attempt to prove that child pornography is morally acceptable,rightceouss, and fit to be watched because this fits the definition of viewable. While I will negate this claim.

1. Child pornography is illegal therefore it is not morally justified.

Producing, possessing or distributing images of minors (anyone under the age of 18) engaged in sexual conduct is illegal. As we know if something is illegal and prohibited by federal law there is a extremely high chance that the action that is illegal is not morally good, or righteous. Child pornography isnt right. Please let me know if any average citizen that is o.k with someone watching child porn or even having a sexual attraction to there child. No one who isnt a creep. Child pornography isnt morally acceptable and is thus not acceptable to be viewed.

http://www.adultweblaw.com...

2.The issue of pop-ups

Yes pop-ups happen. I don't expect someone to be prosecuted for pop ups. But I do expect someone to be prosecuted if they have saved pictures and frequent visits to child porn websites. If you truly have a problem with child porn pop ups then turn on the filter on Bing to filter out pornographic material. There are things you can do to prevent these pop ups.

daytonanerd

Pro

I am extremely happy that you have accepted this interesting, but nessecary debate. So let's get started.

C1: Morally, I don't accept watching Child Pornography purposefully

I, too, agree that Child Pornography is wrong, and disagree with people who watch it on purpose. But second, there is no way for the federal government to differentiate between Intention and Accidental viewings, because someone you know may send an email of child porn if you did something to that person to make them extremely angry. Which leads me to my second case.

C2: Not all things that are legal are morally acceptable or righteous, and vice-versa

If all laws were morally acceptable and righteous, we would be skipping in a meadow with a triple rainbow on the horizon. Nah, just kidding. But not all laws are righteous and morally acceptable. The reverse is also true. For example, prostititution is allowed in Nevada, and I would say that most people think prostititution is morally incorrect. But it is still law. Therefore, I represent the pro side not because it is Morally right, righteous, or fit to watch, rather, on the premise that there is a high likelyhood that it was done on accident.
Source(s)
1.)http://en.wikipedia.org...

C3: I believe people who make child pornography should still be arrested.

Making or Producing Child Pornography should still be illegal, as These acts are all done intentionally. Unlike watching Child Pornography, making/producing it can't be done accidentally. They do it intentionally, and should be punished as a felony. Child Pornography can undermine society, and the people making it should be held responsible.
frozen_eclipse

Con

Hmm it seems this debate was about something else than I thought it was. No matter I shall debate the resolution and my opponents what my opponent intended this debate to be bout. First lets further attack this resolution.

"C1: Morally, I don't accept watching Child Pornography purposefully."

"I, too, agree that Child Pornography is wrong,"

My opponent is saying that child pornography isnt acceptable to be watched, on purpose. To be watching something is to view it for a good amount of time. So he is saying that child porn isnt fit to be watched nor is it morally excellent witch contradicts the meanings of the words of this resolution. So as we see here my opponent is defeating his own resolution. He is arguing that child porn is wrong to be viewed while he is affirming the resolution. This is an example of a contradiction my friends. By affirming this resolution it is my opponents job to defend child pornography viewing in not just one, but all situations involving the resolution. He has already proven an aspect of the resolution supports a con argument. By saying child porn is wrong he is contradicting his position of this debate by proving that child porn isnt morally acceptable to be viewed.

"But second, there is no way for the federal government to differentiate between Intention and Accidental viewings,"

Not true. This is how the top court of New York commented on the matter on May 8 2012. "Viewing child pornography on the Internet without taking further action such as printing or saving files does not necessarily constitute possession, New York's top court ruled on Tuesday."

"When a Web page is viewed, a copy of the page is stored in a computer's "cache," which allows that page to load more quickly on future visits."

"To "possess" cached images, "the defendant's conduct must exceed mere viewing to encompass more affirmative acts of control such as printing, downloading or saving," Judge Carmen Ciparick wrote for the court."

http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com...

As we can see the government isnt going to prosecute you if you accidentally have pop-up porn. Convictions are made based on evidence of the accused intentions and activities involving the pictures. So this claim is defeated.

"C2: Not all things that are legal are morally acceptable or righteous, and vice-versa"

"Under Federal law, the importation of people for the purposes of prostitution is illegal and considered a form of human trafficking prohibited by federal code and the 13th Amendment of US Constitution.".....http://sex-crimes.laws.com...

Please remember that I said, "As we know if something is illegal and prohibited by federal law there is a extremely high chance that the action that is illegal is not morally good, or righteous."

my opponent said this...."and I would say that most people think prostitution is morally incorrect. But it is still law." My opponent made this bold claim without any evidence to back it up. So lets see what majority of the people think.

Should the city stop enforcing laws against prostitution?
  • Support: 36.49%
  • Oppose: 63.51%.................California
  • Yes: 36.33%
  • No: 62.78%.............Nevada

http://prostitution.procon.org...

In the link there are any more polls regarding this issue. As we can see the people support this law and think that it is morally justified. This contention would work if it was limited to local or state laws. Were talking about federal laws here. Unless my opponent can present a federal law that majority of the people think should be lifted this point fails. he also says that law are made on accident. This is false. How can three branches of government of hundreds of people mistakenly pass a law?

"C3: I believe people who make child pornography should still be arrested."

"Making or Producing Child Pornography should still be illegal, as These acts are all done intentionally. Unlike watching Child Pornography, making/producing it can't be done accidentally. They do it intentionally, and should be punished as a felony. Child Pornography can undermine society, and the people making it should be held responsible."

Once again voters my opponent is defeating his position. Being pro he must defend that we child pornography should be acceptable to be viewed under any circumstances. This last contention supports my stance being con that viewing child porn isnt morally acceptable. This this point fails as well.

.......................................................

this point still stand since my opponent could not effectively counter this contention and has failed to provide evidence for his claims.

2.The issue of pop-ups

This point still stands because I have proven that convictions will not be made on simple pop ups alone that one does not show interest in.

Dropped arguments by pro

C1: Morally, I don't accept watching Child Pornography purposefully.

This statement contradicts my opponents entire case and supports mine.

This claim fails to hold based on the evidence that i provided in the rebuttal and based on the absence evidence of pro.

Once again my opponent contradicts his position and has pointed out atleast one incident where viewing child porn isnt acceptable witch defeats his case.

daytonanerd

Pro

I concede this defeat, as my fellow debator has successfully destroyed any strategy useable in 2 rounds. I concede, as my opponent has made the better case. Vote Con.
frozen_eclipse

Con

Since my opponent has given, up all of my points and entire case stand firm. Thus i believe that i should win this debate.
daytonanerd

Pro

You better vote for Con. Otherwise, I will use may persuasive powers to convince you Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest NBA player of all time (which he was. I mean, look at his stats and records! IT'S FACT!)
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
Look at my sentence again.. i said i dont deeply believe that point. I believe it but not deeply
Posted by daytonanerd 5 years ago
daytonanerd
I though you debated what you believe. So are you saying you exaggerate points? THEN VOTE PRO! Lol
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
look it was just a point to win the debate , i dont deeply believe in that point
Posted by TheDiabolicDebater 5 years ago
TheDiabolicDebater
Slavery used to be legal up until 1865. Does that mean that slavery had a high probability of being moral before 1865?
Posted by Korashk 5 years ago
Korashk
Not really. As a whole more laws can be considered immoral than the other way around because there are just so many laws that are pants-on-head retarded.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 5 years ago
frozen_eclipse
illegal = immoral no it equals s high probrablity of being immoral
Posted by FREEDO 5 years ago
FREEDO
I haven't read the debate but I'd like to point out that anti-consumer laws ALWAYS increase the production of the product due to raising it's prices through forced oligarchization. That is to say, anti-child-pornography laws increase the production of child-pornography. Same thing with drugs and guns.
Banning things we don't like sounds great and all but the problem is it doesn't actually work.
TheDiabolicDebater
Rather, illegal = immoral.
TheDiabolicDebater
Are you kidding me? You're arguing that legal = moral?
Posted by DouggyFresh 5 years ago
DouggyFresh
It's interesting, though. If you are sent an email containing illegal images, I guess it's not illegal to simply open the email and then delete it? Or is it possession once it is in your inbox? Hmm. I'm sure the law has already deliberated on this. I wonder, then, if it is legal to possess these images in your inbox, it must certainly be illegal to send them to other people at least?
Vote Placed by Microsuck 5 years ago
Microsuck
daytonanerdfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
daytonanerdfrozen_eclipseTied
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
daytonanerdfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession
Vote Placed by DouggyFresh 5 years ago
DouggyFresh
daytonanerdfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession