Joey888
TheBlackDragon04

Should Children Be Allowed To Skip Grades?

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Joey888

Pro

Some students are prepared to do the work that is required of them in their current grade. To have them listen to the lectures they already know is a waste of time. School is all about learning, and if skipping grades is necessary, then students should be able to skip grades. It will benefit them, as they will complete college earlier and begin an interesting career earlier.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

Children should not be allowed to skip a grade. It deprives them of the knowledge they need for one grade. Say your child was in 4th grade, and then she skipped 5th grade to go to 6th grade automatically. What if there was some fundamental information that she needed to learn for 5th grade. You both would be rushing her education.
Definitions:
Fundamental: Essential for learning
Automatically: Instantly
Deprives: Takes away
Joey888

Pro

The point of skipping grades is because the child already knows what is required of them in the next grade.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

Nobody knows everything for their age! What if one of the topics Lil' Jimmy didn't know was on the cirriculum for the grade he skipped, and he flunked the same topic next year because he didn't get the basic information of that topic when he skipped that grade. Too many of those situations, and Jimmy might be coming home with straight-D's on his report card. Since my opponent failed to provide definitions, I will do so for him now.
Definitions:
Prepared: Ready
Lecture: Speech
Necessary: Must be done.
Benefit: Help
Required: Needed
Cirriculum: Topics needed to be discussed at a grade level
Flunked: Slang for failed
Basic: Simple
Joey888

Pro

It is not necessary for you to define basic words. It kind of offends me. In school, students really learn the same thing every grade, just more in depth. The student that wants to skip grades normally is tested to see if he knows all the required things for his grade before moving on to the next grade. That is why you do not have people that skipped grades going home with straight D's on their report cards.
TheBlackDragon04

Con

The most important thing is, people older than you are going to be in your grade. This can cause you to be a social outcast in your grade. You will not have many friends, and you will learn some pretty crazy stuff quickly. You know what I'm talking about. Since my opponent failed to provide definitions, I will do so for him.
Definitions
Offends: Personally insults
Depth: Detailed
Older: More Experienced
Social Outcast: Someone socially treated differently
Posted by byansichter53 1 year ago
byansichter53
Well I don't want to cheat so I will tell you at the end of the debate whether you win or lose.
Posted by TheBlackDragon04 1 year ago
TheBlackDragon04
What is it?
Posted by byansichter53 1 year ago
byansichter53
Hey TheBlackDragon04 there is one really big point that you can bring up about skipping grades that you haven't yet...