Victori
Jonbonbon

Should Children Have Cell Phones?

Jonbonbon
Started: 2/11/2014 Category: Technology

Victori

Pro

Should children have cell phones? What does it do for the child? Does having a cell phone benefit the child? Would the world be a better place if children had cell phones? Is it a privilege for children to carry cell phones?. The benefits of a cell phone isn't a privilege it is a support system to keep communication between family and child, for emergency needs.
According to a rencent research survey done by Verizon, the average age a child recieves his or her first cell phone 11 in a half. Verizon also survyed 519 parents and asked them if they established rules for cell phone use or if they let there kids have free everthing with their cell phone. A staggering 95% of the parents had not set up any rules with their children. Before buying a cell phone for your child you might want to consider the following:
- Cyber bullying can lead to sucide
-Sexting happens more than you think
-Sexting can lead to sex
-Innapropriate use can lead to jail time
-Phone plans can be expensive
-There is a possible link to brain cancer
Cell phones, depending on which kind you get for your children can be expensive to replace. Children our more vunerable to the radiation that our expelled by cell phones. Toronto's department of pubic health has advised teenagers and young children to limit their use of cell phones, in order to avoid potential health risk. Officials have warned that because of possile side effects from radio frequency radiation, children under eight should only use cell phones for emergencies, and teenagers should limit calls up to ten minutes. Alot of damage is caused by disruption of microtubular connections that allow biophotons to communicate between cells, which decreases intracelluar communication.
However, mobile cell phones enables us to keep in touch, mobile communcation is very useful and it's main use is not to keep us safe but to make life easier. It is clearly useful that we can phone to asked to picked up rather than always to set a meeting time in advance. It is equally useful that a mobile for is likely to tell us if it rains or if a train is late.
Jonbonbon

Con

I'm just going to make a few opening statements that will show how I will be arguing.

My opponent seems to be taking a stance of apathy, but he's more leaning against cell phones, so I'll assume my opponent doesn't want any kids to have cell phones, and I think it's fine if they do.

With that out of the way, I'm going to use a basic syllogism against my opponent to reveal his true spirit behind this debate:

P1: Cell phones can be used by children in calling police and parents if they're getting kidnapped.
P2: Kidnappers are generally pedophiles.
C: My opponent wants kids to get raped.

I'm also going to assume my opponent is arguing that kids found with cell phones be charged with a misdemeanor, which is ridiculous in my opinion.

My opponent is also adding the contention that alots cause damage in this area as he says, "Alot of damage..."

And alot looks like this http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

As you can see they are capable of causing damage as depicted here http://angryxer.files.wordpress.com...

This, however is irrelevant to cell phones, and I'm not sure why it was brought up.

I'll await a response, and let's get this rolling.
Victori

Pro

Victori forfeited this round.
Jonbonbon

Con

Extend my arguments.
Victori

Pro

Victori forfeited this round.
Jonbonbon

Con

Extend arguments again. I guess I win.
Vote Placed by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
VictoriJonbonbonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit