Ninjaspecs
Benshapiro

Should Children be used in espionage?

Benshapiro

Ninjaspecs

Pro

I think so! A kid can act like him/herself and slowly gather info. They are smaller, so they fit into small places too!
Benshapiro

Con

In theory it's a good idea because children would probably be the last person who you'd expect to be involved in espionage. It's also true that children (tend) to be smaller - and thus - hide in smaller places.

Espionage is a very serious offense if caught. People have been sentenced to death for this. Should you really put a little kid in this kind of danger? On top of that, children probably don't have the ability to comprehend or understand top-secret government information. Essentially you'd just be using the child as a tool without the child actually knowing that he/she is involved in espionage.
Ninjaspecs

Pro

True. But by kids, I mean it can vary. Not just really young children. But teens as well.
I do agree about the offense of being caught. I never really thought of that.
Benshapiro

Con

When I think of children I think of a kid around 8 or 10 years old but I agree that the age people consider as children varies. I guess it would've been helpful to know what age you consider to be children at the start of the debate. You had mentioned that they could hide in small places so I'd assumed that the child hadn't at least hit his growth spurt yet.

My main point of contention rested on a relatively young child engaging in espionage simply because he wouldn't be able to fully comprehend the information or consequences if caught. Thus rendering the impressionable child as a tool of someone else's bidding.
Ninjaspecs

Pro

Teenagers, as well as some children who have advance intellect, should be able to comprehend the stress and mission of espionage. And by age I mean roughly 10-14.
Benshapiro

Con

It's a bit late in the debate to clarify what constitutes as a child because it's highly subjective. Further, I don't believe that a child 10 years old could fully comprehend the consequences of espionage. Why else would we try an adult different from a juvenile for a crime? The answer rests in the individual's capacity to fully understand the consequences of his/her actions.

Since a child likely cannot fully comprehend the consequences of his/her actions, children should not be used in espionage. For if they didn't fully understand, they'd simply be used a tool for someone elses bidding and be subjected to severe consequences: death.
Posted by GaryBacon 3 years ago
GaryBacon
Unfortunately I'm going on a short vacation for a couple of days, otherwise I would accept. If this is still in the challenge period when I return, I will debate this with you.
Vote Placed by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 3 years ago
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
NinjaspecsBenshapiroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made better arguments. Overall the debate needed more arguments laid out in a logical manner. Essentially Pro also conceded a point by saying he had not thought about the consequences of been caught. For future purposes Pro, try define everything in the first round.