loveislove_pizzaispizza
Imperfiect

Should Christians accept Same Sex Marriage?

loveislove_pizzaispizza

Pro

Welcome everybody to this debate! Today I will be discussing the topic that 'Christians should accept Same Sex Relationships/Marriage', more specifically FOR/POSITIVE the topic at hand. If I make an error of some sort please excuse it, it is probably just a typo. Please do not hate on the LGBT community and understand that this is a rational debate. Best luck to my opponent(s). :)

Don't discriminate, educate!
In this debate I will discuss many different points or opinions. These will most likely be;
'Homophobia in Christians', 'Judgement and Biblical references' and Sins. I define the topic as that Christians or others that believe in He (specifically against homosexuality for this reason) should accept the LGBT community rather than hate, discriminate etc.
Imperfiect

Con

Same Sex marriage directly violates what Christian marriage is about. to accept it would be basing moral decisions on something other than God of the Bible and since it is a commandment to idolize not deities other than the Christian God, they'd be hypocrites to do so.
loveislove_pizzaispizza

Pro

Don't discriminate, educate!
My opponent has stated that by supporting/believing same sex marriage/relationships, you are placing faith into something other than God, which is 'a commandment'. He also states that it violates what the Christian religion is about; however discriminating against it could be seen as just as bad.

The Bible states in Matthew 7:1, and I quote, 'Judge and you too shall be judged'. By judging someone based off of their life choices, you are disrespecting the man you place your faith in. In addition, some Christians have the nerve to say that God is the only one where judgements can be justified, and he states that 'man shall not lay with man the way he does with woman'. Well, let's say that God is the only one that can judge (however realistically that would make him a hypocrite); christians would still be going against the bible.

There are many other quotes and reasonings to why Christians have misplaced their faith, but for now I would like to pass it to the opposition for his/her next argument.
loveislove_pizzaispizza

Pro

loveislove_pizzaispizza forfeited this round.
Imperfiect

Con

Imperfiect forfeited this round.
loveislove_pizzaispizza

Pro

Imperfiect

Con

Imperfiect forfeited this round.
loveislove_pizzaispizza

Pro

Imperfiect

Con

Imperfiect forfeited this round.
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
Are you just talking to hear yourself talk? missmedic

That is a bunch of mindless gibberish.

No kidding, I know you cant prove there are mistakes!
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
How do you define "prove"? The dictionary defines it as "To establish the truth or validity of by presentation of argument or evidence". By that standard, a great number of scientific and technical propositions are proven. "There is no god" would be one of them.
If by "prove" you mean "establish the truth with 100% certainty", then you"re asking for the impossible. We can"t do that, and neither can you. But that doesn"t mean we don"t know anything.
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
Dominomac,

Prove it.
Posted by Dominomac 2 years ago
Dominomac
Ok, a few quick things. I strongly believe it is not Christian to discriminate and hate others because of who they are. I find nothing wrong with homosexuality and I strongly believed that it should be legal. Here is why.

1. Marriage is a legal term in our society. For those who do not want same sex marriage to be legal for religious reasons, than I would suggest you take up the position that every legal benefit awarded to married heterosexual couples be revoked. there are several thousand legal benefits/rights that are awarded to married couples.
2. Time changes. The bible was not written by god, it was written by men and for men (men as a species, not just males). One can argue that it was divinely inspired, but the new testament started out as stories that the disciples passed around to others, then a few decades later, details were added in. culture has evolved since then, we don't have slavery, women are not considered property as much as they use to. (but i guess those purists out there want to go back to the super bloody, racist, horrible times of 2000 years ago). My point is, not everything from a 2000 year old book can be thought of in the same context today as when it was written.
3. If god really does hate people for who they are, then i do not believe he should be worshiped. I believe in the god that Jesus actually preached, not the god that people said Jesus preached. One of love and compassion, understanding.

by the way, amigodana, No idea what you mean about the king james bible never lying, there have been many many historical inaccuracies found in it, the old testament and the new testament. Don't have to say that it is lying, just wrong.

To sum up this comment (and more focused on the topic of the debate) I find nothing wrong with homosexuality and I believe that you can be a christian and find nothing wrong with it.
Posted by austism 2 years ago
austism
The Bible directly states that marriage is to be between a man and a woman. So a Christian should not overlook the fact that it's a sin to be in a homosexual marriage. Accepting that person is different. I think that same-sex marriage is a sin, but I do not judge or discriminate against homosexuals, that would make me just as sinful. Also, we need to look at the fact that homosexuality implies sexuality. The Bible says if a man were to lay down with another man not be attracted to another man. While this is a weird concept to understand or agree with, I believe it is pretty accurate. So, you could be "born gay" and still follow Christ. God's ultimate goal for us is to follow him and be with him so if you're gay or lesbian but do not act on it because your goal is to follow Christ and not your own desires, I don't see a problem with it. This is a very interesting subject as there are a lot of gray areas associated with it.
Posted by amigodana 2 years ago
amigodana
It takes more faith to trust in man who is born in sin (born to be liars), than it does to have faith in our Father the creator who loves us! In which, nothing , after 2000 years has ever been substantially proven wrong. The King James Bible has never been proven to lie. Man Has!!!

So you think its logical to trust liars over a God that has never been wrong? I don't know what school you went too, LOL!!!
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
A person who takes their religion so literally and to such extremes that they contradict the very basis of their faith. They typically believe in a literal, verbatim interpretation of their scripture. They also have ridiculous, childish defenses to intelligent criticism of their beliefs that border on insanity. The level of hypocrisy and stupidity most of these people exhibit is truly profound.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
aly....... God has judged them. It is an abomination.Do you think that God will change just because man has made it legal?All us Christians are saying is the word of God will be there long after man has passed on. And it will be their judge.And since God has judged it as an abomination, it is my responsibility to keep it away from my environment. It is not my responsibility to keep it away from yours.
Posted by Atmas 2 years ago
Atmas
The longer you ignore the evidence that people are born gay, the longer you will look ignorant.
If you can't see how childish it is to rely on a "father" to tell you what to do, then you will remain a child.
Until you see how illogical your views are, you will never understand what logic is.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
Homosexuality advocates rape, abduction, abandonment, depression, Neglect (in relationships and social issues), political injustice, abuse, war, famine.

If the amount of trouble that goes into advocating homosexuality was put to good use, people in Africa would be without conflict.

homosexuality advocates to children of all ages anal an oral sex is legal, and thus atheists abuse, neglect and abandon their partners. Perverts are liberated to do as they please because of the perspective being spread.

There is a factual political unjust movement forward by atheist governors empowered by the atheistic views of homosexuals. Disrespecting women.

Homosexuality only spreads negative things and no positive things come from it.

A$$holes in schools are advocated to use and abandon women and hate people, because homosexuality is an act of atheism that promotes and supports their negative behavior subliminally: as the world homosexuality incurs the meaning, anal and orals exe. This excuses rapists, abusive relationships, neglectful relationships,

and all the while your ignoring all the real problems in the world apart from those your advocating.

Christians should not accept homosexuality, because Christians cannot accept any form of adultery as it spreads negative Karma to the nations an it's stability, moral code, and internal security.

Christians Should NOT promote or support/accept Homosexuality. It is a Arrogant thing to promote or support and those who engage in it and Put this Tripping block before a child should be sundered and deemed worthless for their lack of acknowledgement to the FACTUAL, REAL WORLD reactions of the works.