Should Christians have their religious freedoms/rights taken away from them?

I will be arguing that Christians should NOT have their religious freedoms and rights taken away from. The first round is for you to introduce yourself.

Good luck!!!

I am an atheist.

Christians SHOULD have their religious "freedoms" and "rights" taken away.

Thank you for accepting my argument pro.

I would like to ask you why? Why do you think Christians should have their religious freedoms and or rights taken from them? I do not live in America but I do know about the First Amendment which states that people of all religions are free to practice their religion without any interference from those outside of it (of course with exception of attacking others). I understand that a lot of Christians can be condemning, controlling and try to shove their faith on others, but this is not how a true Christian acts. A true Christian will accept the fact that God gave us all free will to either follow him or go our own way.
Nevertheless. Don't act like atheists are immune to intolerance and the triadic in this world. Atheists can be just as aggressive and hostile towards those who are religious such as Richard Dawkins who does not just oppose religion, he seeks to eradicate every single hint of it from the face of the Earth. And atheists brag about how tolerant they are. That is not always the case. So since there are extremist atheists out there who also try to shove their beliefs on Christians as well as those of other religions, should they also have their rights taken away from them? Because I think that would make perfect sense because atheists claim they do not have any faith when in reality they do; they have faith that there is not God and that we are here by chance and not on purpose. That seems like a faith.
Christians are humans just like everyone else whether Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, atheist or whatever. We all deserve equal rights and religious people deserve the rights to practice their religion (without using it as an excuse for spreading hate and violence of course). I have no disdain or hate for atheists. A lot of my friends are atheists and I do not hate them for that. I accept their beliefs but that does not mean I agree with them.

Anyway. I look forward to debating you. Good luck in the second round!

squonk forfeited this round.

My opponent has forefeited this round. This is the second time this has happened in one of my debates. I urge him/her to return for the third round!

To be honest, I accepted this debate as a joke. "Christians should have their religious freedoms / rights taken away from them" is not a moot point. You won't find anybody in the western hemisphere who's willing to argue that Christians SHOULD have their religious freedoms taken away from them...

...That said, we might be able to debate what is "religious freedom." Many Christians think it's their "religious freedom" to discriminate against homosexuals, etc. That's a real debate topic.

Christians should be free to pray, go to church, study the Bible, and talk openly about their beliefs. Ther's nothing wrong with that.
Posted by ThesnamisSorreall 5 months ago
I strongly believe that Christian s should not have their rights taken away, but wouldn't mind debating this for fun if your okay with me saying in the debate I disagree with myself! It just looks like a really hard debate to win as pro, and im kind of wanting a challenge!
Posted by Ragnar 5 months ago
By definitions rights should never be withheld. The resolution as worded is a truism in favor of con. Now if their practices should be restricted, or if other people's privileges should be taken away or withheld due to Christian values, could be an interesting debate.
Posted by Biodome 5 months ago
Is there a threat to religious freedom? I am pretty sure that Christians have as many rights as any other religions, depending on where you live, of course. Or do you just want someone to argue why they should be taken away? Pretty sure that no one will do that :D
Posted by tomlangford 5 months ago
Who on earth is going to argue against this? You might as well start a debate topic of 'is it okay to throw babies into a blender'.
Who outside of sociopaths would genuinely believe this?
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 4 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round and conceded the debate in the final round.