Gdougie
SilviaJones

Should Christians support homosexuals?

Gdougie has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Gdougie

Con

This debate will be 4 rounds.

Round 1: Opening Statement
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Rebuttals/Conclusion

If possible, someone with the Christian faith should accept this debate.

Opening statements should be very brief, and should establish the basic points of your argument.

Any source can be used. Biblical references will be the best considering this is a religious debate.
____________________________________________________________________________

Opening Statement:

I believe that the Christian faith does not support homosexuals because of Biblical scriptures in the Old and New testaments, the definition of marriage given by God, and the establishment of marriage given by God.

SilviaJones

Pro

I am a Methodist Christian and my stance is Pro, that Christians should support homosexuals due to modern interpretation of the bible and simple moral standards that many Christians value.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by nco.20 1 year ago
nco.20
The Bible clearly states, in both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, that homosexuality is an act that God disapproves of. However, that does not mean that one must hate the homosexual him/herself, just the act, because according to the Bible, it doesn't follow through with God's will.

A true Christian should guide him/herself with what the Bible says. If said person only agrees with parts of what the Bible states, then said person is not a real Christian, but a believer of some other faith.

Christians are not homophobic or hateful towards homosexuals, and should not treat them violently or discriminatorily.
FollowerofChrist1955
1 Corinthians 5:9
I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people

2 Corinthians 6
15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"

Deuteronomy 22:10
"You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together.

Romans 1
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator"who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Posted by ITZAME 1 year ago
ITZAME
I consider myself a strong christian and by saying strong means I do NOT judge nor do i care how another brother lives his/her life so long as it is in love and is happy.
I honestly think that my reality is not yours and so long as I am not forced nor influenced into anything that goes against my beliefs I support LIFE and happiness..... PERIOD
Romans 14:1-23
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls.
Posted by usawinseverytime 1 year ago
usawinseverytime
This topic was not phrased correctly at all. What does "support" even mean? Support them how? Support them getting married? Support them to change and stop being homosexual? Does CON not want homosexuals to get into heaven? What can you possibly argue given the phrasing of the topic?
FollowerofChrist1955
I am perplexed that any person who claims God as his savior and Lord, could have any opinion whatsoever save what is in scripture.

God clearly states you are not your own you were bought at a price! There is no ambiguity, Yet the bulk of believers seem to falsely presume the right to their own opinion. Fascinating.

1 Corinthians 3
13their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person"s work. 14If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved"even though only as one escaping through the flames.

No one of God Lives in sin! By there works you shall know them! Gods word not mine.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Should anyone support christians... ? Well if you are a christian you would....