jasonxxx102
Kierkegaard

Should Cliff Lee be the Cy Young winner?

Started: 10/5/2008 Category: Sports

jasonxxx102

Pro

I affirm that Cliff Lee of the Cleveland Indians should win the Cy Young of 2008.

Reasons:

1.) He had 22 wins and only 3 losses, the best record in the majors by far. The next closest pitcher in the American League was Mike Mussina at 20 wins 9 losses. He started every single one of his 31 games throwing 170 strikeouts in 223.1 innings. His 2.54 ERA was also the best in the MLB.

2.) He was the anchor of the Indians all year even after the loss of C.C Sabathia (The Indians Cy Young Winner of 2007) who went on the go 9 wins 0 losses with the Brewers after the trade. Without Lee the Indians would not have gone 81-81 and ended up ending a pitiful season on somewhat of a good note.

Same Random Facts

Lee didnt lose his first game until May 18th against the Reds. He lost his second game on July 6th against the Twins. His amazing performance Catapulted the Indians out of last place and Eventually into 3rd.
Kierkegaard

Con

I'll go ahead and counter your points, and bring up some other points as well.

1) Lee started the year of 2007 with an abdominal strain, which apparently put him on the "disabled list". Do you really want the winner of the Cy Young award to be a mentally deficient person? Now, I'll admit that I'm not totally sure how an abdominal strain has to do with being disabled, but it's true. Seriously. Wikipedia it.

2) I don't think you realize how little sense you're making, here. As far as I know, it's kind of impossible for a man to be an anchor (of the Indians, no less, which makes absolutely no sense. What do Native Americans have to do with anchors?). Like, a physical anchor. Unless, of course, you combine the words to create an "anchorman". In which case, I can only assume you're talking about Ron Burgandy, and Cliff Lee is obviously not Ron Burgandy.

Against your random fact, I can only say that it's also impossible for a human being to catapult people, (no less Indians, again. The whole Indians thing doesn't make much sense, dude.) as it's rather impossible, not to mention probably dangerous. Now, it is possible for him to create a catapult over a series of months, and then to start catapulting Native Americans, but to a few people that would seem cruel and absurd.

http://www.billfryer.com...

I mean, look at that...person. Don't you feel sorry for the fact that he's about to be smashed into the ground? I'm sure the majority of the American population would as well, and so would judges for the Cy Young award. They're not going to award some prestigious crap to some guy who smashes Indians into the ground. It'd be unheard of.

On a side note, check out this picture:

http://www.stricklands.info...

According to this photo, he's quite obviously a pedo. I mean, need I say more? The uncomfortable hand around the shoulder, the small but revealing smile, and the absurdly large head. Judges aren't going to vote for a pedophile, jasonxxx102. It's high time you realize this and move on.

Need I also remind you that according to this photo here (http://hotlard.files.wordpress.com...) all baseball players are automatically considered gay? The tights, the...gayness...I mean, they have a freaking site about it (http://www.gaybaseballdays.com...).

Since all baseball players are considered gay, it's obvious that the Cy Young award will not go to a baseball player, but rather a male ballerina. Because male ballerinas are much less gay than baseball players. Or...*cough* watchers *cough*.
jasonxxx102

Pro

Thanks for accepting this debate I hope its a good one.

First the 2008 Cy Young has nothing to do with 2007 if he was on the disabled list for 2007 it is totally irrelevant. being an anchor was a figure of speech not literal and I was talking about the Cleveland Indians not Native Americans. Again catapult was a figure of speech not literal. Another point you made was he is a pedophile. You have absolutely no proof that he is. Your last point "all baseball players are gay" I tried to make a serious debate and you obviously take it as a joke. Please next time before you accept a debate be serious about it.
Kierkegaard

Con

Oh, it has been and I guarantee it will be.

It's not irrelevant at all! If he was mentally deficient in 2007, chances are he's mentally deficient now. You completely disregard my point that judges probably aren't going to vote for a mentally deficient person.

When you say that being an anchor was a figure of speech, I can only assume that you mean an actual figure that was talking, or giving a speech. I wasn't totally sure about the definition of literal, looked it up on the internet, and here's what I got:

"misprint: a mistake in printed matter resulting from mechanical failures of some kind".

So here's what I translate that sentence into being: "Being an anchor was a person who was speaking (giving a speech) not a printed mechanical mistake". Obviously, this makes absolutely no coherent sense, and I would appreciate it if you were to go over your flimsy rebuttal again.

You also bring up that you were talking about the Cleveland Indians, and not Native Americans. This, in of itself, is a tactical blunder. Indians that reside in Cleveland (as this is the only thing that I can assume you to be referring to) are also Native Americans. In fact, they're just Native Americans that reside in Cleveland. The fact that they live in Cleveland has no difference on the FACT that they're Native Americans. I can't spell this out any clearer for you.

I also translate your next sentence as "again catapult was a person who was talking (giving a speech) not a printed mechanical mistake". I don't think I need to tell you how little this makes sense. When you attempt to counter my points, at least be coherent about it.

You then attempt to counter my pedophile point, but just say that I have no proof that this is true. I'm not going to link the other photo again, but LOOK AT IT. He's OBVIOUSLY A PEDOPHILE.

According to Enyclopediadramatica.com, the picture of this man is a raging and rampant pedophile:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com...

There are many similarities between the two photos. First, they both have a really really really creepy pedosmile (for more information on how to spot out pedophiles in daily life, refer to this link [http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net...]. It's a good one.). They're also both black, and they're also both in close contact and quarters with children below an approximated age of 16-18. You're trying to disregard the obvious evidence here, and it just...isn't going to work.

You succeed in pointing out my last point of how all baseball players and watchers are gay, but you refuse or are unable to bring up any points against it. Thus you forfeit that point.

Oh, I think you disregard how serious I'm being. My serious level is extremely high. Very, very high. It's over 9000.
jasonxxx102

Pro

So I bring up your first point why would any judge here on debate.org vote for you (obviously mentally deficient). As to my statement "the anchor of the team" I meant he was a weight on the playing field. Weight defined as the amount or quantity of heaviness or mass; amount a thing weighs. I find that your statement Native Americans living in Cleveland is also flawed since "Cleveland Indians" could be referring any number of things such as a certain baseball team. Your affection to "pedophiles" is obvious so I assume that you are one. I point out that your statement that all of any group are gay is logically VERY unlikely since if there is even one person who plays baseball or watches it that is a heterosexual then your point is lost. Your categorizing of anyone as a pedophile based on their appearance is scurrilous at best and slander at worst. I am forwarding your defamatory comments to Mr. Cliff Lee for his further action. My seriousness level has to be at LEAST several thousand points higher than your paltry 9000 simply because I am one of at least a dozen (maybe more) heterosexual baseball fans and I must constantly be serious because of all the pedos at the Indians games and in online debate sites such as this one.
Kierkegaard

Con

Anybody who's awesome enough to realize the utter awesomeness in my arguments would easily vote for me. You underestimate my powers, jasonxxx102. And besides, you're obviously the mentally deficient one in this debate, along with your fatty friend, Mr. Que.

You say he was a weight on the playing field, and you define weight as "amount a thing weighs". Well, this could be taken two ways:

1. He...was a weight on the playing field. However, so is EVERYONE ELSE. They ALL HAVE WEIGHT. Thus, he has little or no difference in comparison to the rest of the team.

2. He was really fat. Which would probably make him a WORSE baseball player. And, I mean, he's already gay, which decreases his ability to win the award. What judges would vote for a fatty? That's right, no one. No one at all.

It *could* stand for a baseball team, but that's highly unlikely. Albeit my theory is probably infinitely correct than yours, I went ahead and googled "Cleveland Indians" and here's what I got: [http://eo.wikipedia.org...]. This obviously means that you're a foreigner, and should be kicked out of our country. You filthy foreigner. You're probably a terrorist.

Well, I'm afraid to tell you that you're highly mistaken in your paltry assumption. See, if anyone has affection with pedophiles, it would obviously be you. I mean, you're the one who wants a pedophile to win an award, not me. This obviously means that you have a certain affection for and sympathy for pedophiles. The only way one could truly have sympathy for pedophiles is if they are or have been one. I'm going to bet, that you still are one.

However unlikely it is, it's obviously true. My logic proves it, and you have said nothing to actually disprove it (other than the fact that you probably think that you're heterosexual, which we all know is a steaming bowl of elephant piss).

My categorization of pedophiles according to their outward appearance isn't something that *I* came up with. I even cited two sources for you to look at, and you apparently haven't paid any attention to them whatsoever. Fail points for you.

Go ahead and forward them. He'll either a) not care, or b) realize that the truth has been leaked and admit his secrets to the world. Even if he does care, he has no way to contact or do anything against me. Your straw man threat had no straw in the first place, jasonxxx102.

Your serious level has nothing to do with the debate at hand. You said I wasn't being serious, so I replied to say that I was. I said nothing about your serious level in my previous comments. You're just insecure about your sexuality (which is understandable, albeit a little annoying).

However, I'd like to inform you that the approximated dozen baseball fans (presumably your family and/or friends) are also homosexuals. Including (I presume a family member) our dear friend Mr. Que. Under the impossible circumstances that they aren't homosexual, the fact that you say that there's only 12 heterosexual baseball fans simply proves my point further, since the intelligence level of those approximated 12 baseball fans is so low, that they hardly even count when in comparison to Cliff Lee (which, if you've forgotten, is mentally deficient).

I had no idea about the amount of pedos at baseball games, though. Thank you for informing me. I suppose all baseball player and fans are not only gay, but pedos as well.

And yes, this debate is very pedo-esque. I realize you're attempting to use unintelligent derogatory terms and phrases against me, but...it's not working, good friend. You're obviously the pedo here (since you sympathize with fellow pedos, and are in a family of pedos, according to the paragraph above this one), and it's high time you realize this and move on. Good luck in life, jasonxxx102. Good luck.
Posted by LeafRod 3 years ago
LeafRod
Fun memories. IQ is kind of dumb, though
Posted by Kierkegaard 7 years ago
Kierkegaard
Alas, I'm much too lazy to be active. But I might occasionally do funny things! It's nice to not be bound by rules and regulations.
Posted by SexyLatina 7 years ago
SexyLatina
Eh well. I'm not going to be active. I'm probably not even going to be mouthy! You can message me and stuff on things that are interesting, lol. Maybe I'll get on every now and then.
Posted by LeafRod 7 years ago
LeafRod
Heh, I would have posted here a while ago if I had realized you guys had your email notifications and everything on.
Posted by SexyLatina 7 years ago
SexyLatina
And it was you that brought us!

If we were awesome, this would be like... like all of those movies where the minor bad guy awakens this huge bad guy (you know, Transformers 2, Power Rangers, Pokemon...). But we're not awesome. It was an e-mail.
Posted by LeafRod 7 years ago
LeafRod
HAHAHA, you guys are back?

I'm iamadragon.
Posted by Kierkegaard 7 years ago
Kierkegaard
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Frosh, I think.
Posted by SexyLatina 7 years ago
SexyLatina
I remember this site... Way back in freshman year, it was! Or, sophomore year. Or something.
Posted by Kierkegaard 7 years ago
Kierkegaard
SOMEONE HAS RECENTLY LOOKED AT THIS??

Apparently my comments cannot be in all capital letters.
Posted by LeafRod 7 years ago
LeafRod
THROWWWWWBACKKKKK

Haha, this debate reminds me completely of what debate.com used to feel like to me.
Vote Placed by SexyLatina 9 years ago
SexyLatina
jasonxxx102KierkegaardTied
Vote Placed by Danielle 9 years ago
Danielle
jasonxxx102KierkegaardTied
Vote Placed by jasonxxx102 9 years ago
jasonxxx102
jasonxxx102KierkegaardTied
Vote Placed by Kierkegaard 9 years ago
Kierkegaard
jasonxxx102KierkegaardTied