hmm2005
ForsakenWake

Should Cussing Be Allowed on TV?

Started: 10/12/2016 Category: TV

hmm2005

Con

I don't think cussing should be allowed on TV because it would make people mad.
ForsakenWake

Pro

Hello. I will be accepting this foolish debate, so get ready for something that isn't one sentence, eh?

Cussing on TV is very, very subjective. Obviously, there are some people that take offensive to cussing, whilst others don't care about any of the words in any manor. While there is a small minority that takes cussing to a very defensive level, there is a reason that there are TV channels for a reason. There is a reason that TMZ does not air on every single channel, and it's because of preference. If you like TMZ, obviously you would go and watch them on their channel, however, people that take great offensive to their work or just do not like their work in general do not go to their channel on television and watch them. That's just how it is.

Sure, you could enjoy a show but not enjoy the swearing on it, but if you are so deeply offended by someone using those words on a show or channel that you enjoy, you should just stop watching it. While swearing can be an issue on channels meant for younger audiences, swearing is not going to make anyone "mad", as there is no viable reason that swearing would be that big of an issue for somebody. If it is that big of an issue, I can almost guarantee that a show will not stop using swearing for effect or using swearing in general over 1 or multiple viewers. Shows on TV are there for a reason, and shows like TMZ that use swearing repeatedly are very, very popular, and I doubt that they would ever stop using swearing if a couple people watching their show would get mad from it.

This debate is just nonsense, as swearing is just a small little issue that nearly does nothing to effect a show. If you don't like it, than don't watch the show. It's as simple as that.
hmm2005

Con

ForsakenWake

Pro

Hello, very, very dumb poster, I feel as if you just copied your last argument and made it into your second argument. Oh wait, you did? Isn't that lovely.

For a round 2 argument, you're supposed to create another argument on the debate that you had posted yourself, and you should, as it is a way to show that you fully understand what you are arguing about. Showing that you just copied and pasted your last argument really hurts your chance for votes in the long run.

As a closing argument, some people may be mad at people cussing on TV, and some be not. However, there are different channels on TV for a reason, and those channels are for specific interests. If you don't like cussing, than you can go find something else that you are both interested in and that doesn't cuss. It's not hard with thousands and thousands of channels that are of high quality that you can watch. Trust me.
Posted by AnthonyH 4 months ago
AnthonyH
I agree with Con :) It's very maddening
Posted by Gamer_Dan13 4 months ago
Gamer_Dan13
I agree with ForsakenWake. He puts up a good point saying that if you don't like how people are cussing or swearing on the show, don't watch the show. Very good point