monaa.cx
realitysxcks

Should Death Penalty Be Illegal?

monaa.cx

Con

Hello.
I will be on the side of death penalty shouldn't be illegal.
I think the death penalty shouldn't be illegal especially for certain crimes that should have the person put at the death penalty. For example, a death penalty will be needed if a criminal killed a whole lot of innocent people who never wanted to be killed this way, that criminal should be put at a death penalty for doing so. Therefore, I don't really think death penalty should be illegal because it's needed sometimes, and fair for those who were killed innocently. You commit a horrible crime? There are consequences and sometimes the death penalty will be needed for it.
realitysxcks

Pro

So even if someone has killed someone, they get to be killed right back? I don't really get the logic in that, that's a double-standard. If someone kills someone I will agree with you that it is horrible, but it doesn't mean that you get the right to kill the person right back. Also, death penalty costs are bvery expensive, especially at trial and the early appeals. The life-in-prison costs are spread out over many decades.
Dollars could be spent in better ways if death-eligible killers were sentenced to life without parole. The primary reason people want the death penalty is for a sense of vengeance, nto of removing a dangerous person to prevent harm, in my opinion. Killing the killer won't bring back the dead.
I'm not saying the killer shouldn't be punished, because they should. Therapy to make their minds right if they are salvagable, with maybe a work program. If they are not able to be fixed by therapy, then force them to do hard labor so they aren't a total waste on the system.

Source[s]:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

http://www.njadp.org...
monaa.cx

Con

monaa.cx forfeited this round.
realitysxcks

Pro

realitysxcks forfeited this round.
monaa.cx

Con

monaa.cx forfeited this round.
realitysxcks

Pro

realitysxcks forfeited this round.
monaa.cx

Con

monaa.cx forfeited this round.
realitysxcks

Pro

realitysxcks forfeited this round.