NKJVPosttribulationist
Koolbru28

Should Democrats shutdown the US government over the Dream Act?

NKJVPosttribulationist has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

I say yes. That is what I would do, and I'm not even a progressive. I will say yes, you say no. Make your move. Reference: https://www.youtube.com...
Koolbru28

Con

Democrats should not shut down the government as this would make them look to be an unreasonable party. In the eyes of voters, the Democratic Party would look like what they claim to be against- an unreasonable political party that holds views that are out of touch with the American people. This is due to the fact that democrats are adamant that dreamers and DACA recipients ts must be protected or the government should be shut down. it is true that a majority of the American people support protecting the dreamers; but I think it is unreasonable to say that the American people would support shutting down the government over it.
Posted by WarTurtle10101 1 month ago
WarTurtle10101
It is probably just me but I am slightly confused by your debate. By shutting down the government do you literally mean the government would be nonexistent for a short period of time. Do you mean some of our higher officials (president and whatnot) would be kicked out. Could you please explain?