joskoo
RonaldTrumpkin

Should Donald Trump Become President?

RonaldTrumpkin

joskoo

Con

No, Trump should NOT become president. He has no philosophy and says, "I'm going to make America a good place." America is already is a good place. He's probably going to make America MUCH worse. His arguments are wrong and not thought-over. I don't want him president.
RonaldTrumpkin

Pro

Let us start with the facts. As I type this, 10 police officers have been either shot, killed, or harmed since Black Lives Matters began protests in Dallas. Sniper fire resulting from a group that is supposedly trying to end excessive violence within the community. How can America already be good if we have violent acts such as this occurring more often than usual?

How are his arguments wrong and not thought over? There is no precedent stating that fixing the vetting process for immigration is malignant or intentionally discriminatory. There is no precedent proving that ending job outsourcing would be harmful to the economy. There is no precedent stating that fixing the broken healthcare system is a bad idea.

How is trying to fix all of those things surmised as "no philosophy?" Is there any evidence that his policies would be worse than those of Clinton? Our country is ever-expanding its debt, the wage gap is increasing, inflation is increasing, our infrastructure is a mess.
joskoo

Con

There are a lot of outrageous things that Donald Trump has said, like, ". "Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man " he made a good decision." and "I will build a great wall " and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me " and I"ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."
Additionally, Trump said, "If I were running "The View", I"d fire Rosie O"Donnell. I mean, I"d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I"d say "Rosie, you"re fired." Why is Trump so mean to Rosie? Also, Trump said, "The beauty of me is that I"m very rich." There's nothing great about being rich. He also said, " "You"re disgusting." I'll say that's pretty rude.
I sure DON'T want Trump president.
RonaldTrumpkin

Pro

You are failing to counter the points I made. You are only attacking his character, not his policies.
joskoo

Con

Well, it's true that Trump MIGHT make America a better place, but how do you know Hillary Clinton won't? As in when I'm in school, my teacher teaches us philosophy. And my class and I find that Trump uses way more fallacies than Hillary. And also, why kick out all the illegal people in America? They should have rights too. They are people. I vote for Hillary, not Trump.
RonaldTrumpkin

Pro

I would like to make some rebuttals against my opponent.

#1: " I find that Trump uses way more fallacies than Hillary."- How so? You fail to cite any instance in which Trump uses a logical fallacy, let alone prove that he uses more than Hillary.

#2: "And also, why kick out all the illegal people in America? They should have rights too. They are people." You contradict yourself here. You call them illegal. Illegal means against the law. If these people are breaking the law why should we reward them for this instead of removing them so they come in the proper and legal method?

#3: "I vote for Hillary, not Trump." This has been made highly obvious. Not only is it redundant but you give no reason to back up that claim other than saying that she's simply better."
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: migmag// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con.. Reasons for voting decision: well argued joskoo

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD.
***********************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 4 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Bored_Debater// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con failed to rebut pro's claims as to why Trump's policies would fail. Even he admits that they could, point goes to pro.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to examine specific points made by both sides and compare them. In this case, the voter only states that some points made by Pro went without rebuttal from Con, but fails to examine that or any other argument made in the debate.
************************************************************************
Posted by RonaldTrumpkin 4 months ago
RonaldTrumpkin
I reported your vote for lack of RFD. Obvious vote bomb too.
Posted by migmag 4 months ago
migmag
Trump is a racist, homophobic, sexist but so areRepublicans
Posted by Ragnar 5 months ago
Ragnar
The last line of Otogun's comment was a better case than the instigators. Not that the contender had a great case, but sometimes you don't need one.
Posted by RonaldTrumpkin 5 months ago
RonaldTrumpkin
Fair deal.
Posted by otogun 5 months ago
otogun
Oh god, I wish I was here much earlier to debate against the side that is going for Trump. I fear that the person arguing that Donald Trump would be a failure of a leader to the United States of America is not going to provide sufficient evidence.

Please, If Joskoo does not win remake this topic and include me , send me an invitation and I will explain to you why Mr.Trump is not a suitable leader.

I will give you one small pointer Joskoo, start off with something like Donald Trump filed for bankruptcy, Trump casinos failing, or major one here he is getting and giving tyrannical leaders advice.
Vote Placed by BenJWasson 4 months ago
BenJWasson
joskooRonaldTrumpkinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro brought up arguments about Trump's policies that were valid, Con attacked the character of Trump, having nothing to do with his actual presidency. Well done everyone.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 5 months ago
Ragnar
joskooRonaldTrumpkinTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate did not rise above assertions, but pro's assertions were orderly, and stayed on topic, suggesting that Trump will at least try to fix immigration/jobs/healthcare. Con conversely argued that Trump says outrageous things, but not that these things are untrue, thus he accidently argued that Trump will likely succeed in getting Mexico to build his great wall. Con also talked about Hillary (not anything good about her policies, just that he'll vote for her), the biggest harm I'd say was completely ignoring pro's R1. In short, I've been given greater positive reasons to think candidate X should be president, heard that candidate Y is also running but not given anything favorable about her, and the attacks on candidate X failed to negate the implied good that shall be attempted.