Zundon101
traylzac

Should Donald Trump be the next President of the United States?

traylzac

Zundon101

Con

Everyone in the early 2000's has seen the business man Donald Trump in the show, The Apprentice. A business man is no politician and the fact that people are voting for him because he is rich and was a TV star is absurd. He is no politician and he is ignorant and racist and this isn't the type of person America needs to have run it. The Presidency is now becoming a joke and Trump would only make things worse for the country.
traylzac

Pro

I believe Trump would be an excellent president. He has published his tax plan and it allows for the lower-middle class to have a tax break. Also, he is raising the tax on the rich and reducing the tax of foreign money flow into America to encourage the companies to bring it back in.
Zundon101

Con

Some of the statements Donald Trump makes is very ignorant of today's issues such as global warming. "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive" (Trump). If Trump really thinks that global warming is only a lie created by the Chinese then he has some serious problems. He really only looks at things from a business standpoint whereas a real politician tries to tackle more problems the world faces today such as world hunger, poverty, and the environment we all live in.

In a country where we are all racially integrated. Trump does not help his case when he makes racist comments. Constantly making racist jokes on Twitter, or during his speech when he tells the world he wants to run for president. Trump says, "I will build a great wall " and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me "and I"ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words"(Trump). The concept of building a wall is no better than the Berlin Wall built during the Cold War. It suppresses people and makes them feel unwanted and unwelcome. We are a country that everyone is supposed to look at and think of us as a symbol of hope and freedom, not a comparison of the Iron Curtain of Soviet Russia.
traylzac

Pro

Let me state a few things.
1) I want Trump to win.
2) I don't agree 100% with everything
3) I want him to won because I believe that we need to focus on the economy. From their, I believe, we can build into a society full of renewable energy.

Now, every person I have come in contact with has made some kind of racist, sexist, or homophones joke. Just because Trump doesn't hide it doesn't make him a bad presidential candidate, it just makes him more real.

I believe he isn't racist, but has a sense of humor many aren't comfortable with in the public realm.

The wall is a symbol that we don't want the illigals. If you notice, LEGAL immigrants don't come here by hopping the border. The wall won't keep people out because they will jump it or dig under or destroy it. He even said there will be a big gate for them to come in through.

On his taxes again, he wants to raise them on rich people, and tax small income earners little to none. Also, he is encouraging big business to bring back their trillions overseas by lowering the tax to bring it in. It will be a 1 time tax of 10%. You will probably say this is giving the rich a loophole, but taxing less in this case will bring more money into the economy by encouraging more money to enter America. It's estimated $2 trillion is in tax havens. If we brought 1/2 that back, we would receive $100 billion in tax revenue.

Finally, we need to be respected in the international community, and Trump would do that. He already has friendly relations with foreign heads - of - states, notably English Prime Ministrer and German's president
Zundon101

Con

Trump should not be running for a position as high as the presidency because he does not have any real political experience. Donald Trump ran for President briefly in 2012, in what most people say was merely a publicity stunt for his tv show, Celebrity Apprentice. As a candidate then, he raised a lot of questions about President Obama's eligibility for office, the legitimacy of Obama's birth certificate and claims to be a "natural born citizen" of the United States. This earned him much ridicule from the left and the media, as well as much support from the birther movement.
Other than that, Trumps primary political experience has been buying and selling politicians and bureaucrats to get building, occupancy, and various other permits and favors for his various business enterprises, to clear away regulatory obstructions, or get regulations passed to protect him from competition or liability for his companies' actions against employees, customers, and shareholders, many of whom he has defrauded in his four known corporate bankruptcies. When it comes to defining corporate cronyism corrupting government in America, Donald Trump is the poster child.
traylzac

Pro

I'm going to do this is a smart fashion. I will read the argument and type my reaction. This is my second time reading it and know that I have time I will research all the facts you show. So here it is.
You use the quote about global warming and China, but I would like to point out that was back in 2012. In 2010 Obama said Cuba wasn't changing enough, refusing to allow trade calling for the Trading with Enemy Act of 1917.
A, you talk about racist jokes. Well, it is a joke. Obama made a joke which stated that, "Some folks really want to see a pot-smoking socialist in the White House. We could get a third Obama term after all."
This brings a sensitive topic into the realm of comedy, and makes all the people in jail for these small crimes feel as if they are nothing more than a joke.
You then try to use the great wall thing. The wall is meant as a symbol of how illegals aren't won't because they are more likely to cause crime. This is seen by the fact that the San Francisco, known as a safe haven for immigrants, crime rate is 67.67 per 1,00p. This is high compared to the crime rate of Texas, which is 36.63 per 1,000.
In round three you say that he has little experience in politics other than buying and selling politicians. He was actually been very involved with influencing politics, especially in Atlantic City, where his timing of leaving before the economic bubbled burst left the local government with less money and had them attempting to prevent the inevitable casino collapse.
Finally, you claim he is a perfect example of cronyism. I have not found an example of Trump putting a follower in office. Though he did start of with $200,000,000 he has gone on to multiply his earning by 4350%, with an estimated net worth of $8.7 billion. With this rate, he could turned $20,000 into $870,000.
I will end of with my opinion of Trump. He has some bad parts, but he is % 100 more honest than Hillary, having released 33 years of tax returns to her 8.
Some would say he was for the Iraq War, but he spoke against it in a 2004 interview. He said he was against it and just hopes we can get out. This shows the Bernie Sanders' supporters he wasn't the only one. And while yes Trump did profit off the war, no businessman would deny multi-billion dollar deals for politics. Hillary Clinton has accepted $3.6 million from her top 5 contributors, all of which are big businesses she claims to fight, one even being a bank.
Finally, he has some qualities that most modern American leaders don't have, he is firm. He has dealt with many governments and can be very persuasive and will make deals that favor us. In recent years we have given more up to others because a popular belief is we owe the world from some mishap pens that have occurred throughout history. I find this just as usurp as saying I owe blacks because I am white because my race had them enslaved for centuries. I don't owe them because I didn't do it, just like Obama doesn't owe Cuba because Kennedy launched the Bay of Pigs.
Trump would stand by that and turn these politician deals into real and logical ones the American population can understand and agree with.
Zundon101

Con

Zundon101 forfeited this round.
traylzac

Pro

Trump is a very adequate presidential candidate. He has stayed pretty consistent on his wealth tax policy. He was 14.25% in 1999 and is now 14%.

On immigration he points out our flaws with birthright cotizenship. America is the only nation in the western world that has this. Everyone compares us to the Scandinavian countries in most aspects except they happen to forget this. Finland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark all don't have this policy.

Finally, he is not your typical politician. Most say he isn't qualified but I don't agree. He is showing the true American dream. He is the outsider, just like Carson and Fiorina, and most aren't saying anything.
Zundon101

Con

Zundon101 forfeited this round.
traylzac

Pro

I will close with a summary.

Trump has negotiated with many of the leading leaders of the world. He has been able to close trades that many others would have achieved with less than adequate terms. This is seen with how he dealt with the Atlantic City deals in the 2000's.

He is also a very self - made man. He started out with $100,000,000, a very good amount. But through hard work has multiplied it 70x to a sum of $7,000,000,000.

Finally, he is very used to the other side of lobbying. He knows the tricks companies use because he used them before. These means he will know how to spot a pocket politician being manipulated by big business.
Posted by zero101 2 years ago
zero101
@Peepette
Actually, Trump is leading in polls. Even though he's bullshitting his way through the election, at least he's halfway honest.
Posted by Peepette 2 years ago
Peepette
Trump has no chance of winning. He is nothing more than a media distraction. Trump has no foreign policy experience and his tax plan is more of the same rhetoric that accomplishes nothing.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Zundon101traylzacTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture