awes1357
Gdougie

Should Donald Trump be the next U.S. President?

awes1357

Con

Donald Trump should not be the next U.S. President. He is racist and sexist, which would make him a horrible President. His foreign policy would diminish the United States of America in the eyes of the world.
Gdougie

Pro

I appreciate my opponent holding this debate.

Let me start by saying that I am a Ted Cruz supporter; however, I am a republican and will support whoever the party nominates. In that case, I will argue that Donald Trump should be our next president.

First, Donald Trump should be our next president because he is strong on immigration. We all know about the wall that Mexico will pay for, and whether you believe it will work or not you have to give Donald Trump credit on his attempt to stop illegal immigration. According to the New York Times, there were about 11.7 million illegal immigrants living in the United States in 2013 (A). Imagine all the jobs American citizens could obtain if every illegal immigrant was fired and sent back to Mexico as Donald Trump has referred to. Donald Trump is not a inhumane man, he would deport illegal immigrants safely, and as Donald Trump has said, if they want to come back legally they can. The point is, we cannot have someone who is soft on enforcing immigration laws. These illegal immigrants are killing innocent Americans,

"In January, Eswin Mejia, reported to be an illegal immigrant, went street racing in Omaha, Nebraska and caused a fatal car crash, killing 21-year-old Sarah Root. The Omaha police alerted Immigration and Customs Enforcement authorities and they took Mejia into custody.

He was released on $5,000 bail and has not been seen since."(B)

Like I have stated, we cannot be soft on immigration any longer, we are allowing these people (who should not even be in this country) to commit crimes, and the current Obama Administration just turns their head accepting the tragedies that happen. Donald Trump would be strong on immigration and would make this country safer. I have attached a link regarding illegal immigration. (C)

Second, Donald Trump should be the next president because his foreign policy is what this country needs. Donald Trump is a deal maker, he can make deals and make people agree to them. The United States has been at war for as long as I have been alive, and I am tired of war. Once we defeat ISIS and stabilize the Middle East, which could take forever, I believe we should work to make deals instead of wage war. Donald Trump has demonstrated that he is willing to use force and strong interrogation tactics, but also is capable of making deals with other countries. I believe that we need a president who wants to keep America safe, but also wants to keep peace between nations.

Now I will argue against my opponents remarks on Donald Trump being a racist and sexist.

Donald Trump is not a racist. If you are referring to Donald Trump's endorsement by David Duke, you need to dive into your facts a little more. Donald Trump did not accept that endorsement; therefore I do not believe he is classified as a racist. You can see what Donald Trump said when notified he was endorsed by David Duke by clicking this link (D). Donald Trump is not a sexist. Donald Trump has a wife and a daughter. I am pretty sure he likes women.

I have attached a link to Donald Trump's website. (E)

Once again, thank you to my opponent for holding this debate. I now await their response.

awes1357

Con

awes1357 forfeited this round.
Gdougie

Pro

My opponent forfeits. Please vote pro!
awes1357

Con

awes1357 forfeited this round.
Gdougie

Pro

Please vote pro!
Posted by Sam7411 1 year ago
Sam7411
Can't argue against that