kenzie123
TheSymbiote

Should Electronics be allowed in school??

kenzie123

Pro

Electronics in school should be here! i mean listen to this....
l
l
l
l
v

Electronics should be allowed in School!

Imagine if you could bring electronics to school! And I know what you are thinking" Electronics in school!? Well, there are many reasons why they should. Reason 1: Get learning games (Cash Cow, Factor Samurai, Create a book). Reason 2: You could look up something really fast! Reason 3: You can contact parents/guardians really fast. In case of emergency. Reason 4: you can take pictures of experiments. Books. Anything!

Most people think that electronics are distracting. But they are not! And I will tell you why. Turn your volume down. Notifications OFF. Limits on the electronics. Learning games. So they aren"t distracting.

Plus electronics are way lighter than books. You can get books and read on your device. Plus it saves trees. If we don"t have trees we lose oxygen.
TheSymbiote

Con

I accept this debate. (I am gonna start with an argument because you did)

Imagine a school, a regular run of the mill school. It has no technology in it, not even computers. Now, add computers to that school. It will be easier to take notes and complete work, but the teachers always expierience the children not paying attention. That is because the children are not doing their work, yet they are playing games. The students are too busy gaming and talking with eachother over social media to care about there classwork. I admit, computers are nice. I am currently using a school computer to write this argument. Yet, power is always abused. Last week 3 kids got suspended for 2 weeks because they succesfully hacked their teachers computer. Schools also need to distribute computers to each and every student in the school. Because, if not there would be a lot of unfair advantanges. The school would have to pay a large ammount of money to do so. The school would not benifit from technology because of bad behavior and hacking. Right now I am not allowed to be on this webiste. So, I am using something that can succesfully go through the schools fire wall. As you can see schools cannot benifit from technology

kenzie123

Pro

That was a good round 1 now here is round 2! :)
l
l
l
l
v

There is another reason. There is something called B.Y.O.D. (Bring Your Own Device). It helps save money for school. If we don"t get provide with the electronics. Why not bring your own!

11 out of 16 kids say yes to electronics in school. That"s a yes in my mind! And if you"re with me, talk to your teachers about electronics in school! And that is just my class! yes more than half of my class picked electronics in school!
and yea i know that my class is small.
TheSymbiote

Con

You proved my reasons even further. Like you even said. 11 out of 16 people said they wanted computers. Ask them if they would play games on the computers. In school tech is a bad idea. It is just a distraction in class. People will always abuse power no matter what. You need to broaden your survey anyways. Ask the whole school isnstead of just your class. BYOD is a terrible idea. Because then people will bring devices in which people can text and talk on social media. They can search up answers and cheat. In all, devices in the class room is a bad idea
kenzie123

Pro

Last Argument!
There is a lot of good reasons but . if you think that they shouldn't that's your opinion . I cant change your judgement. Unless I can... that would be awesome! Well thanks for joining my argument!
TheSymbiote

Con

TheSymbiote forfeited this round.
Posted by MichaelNumba1 1 year ago
MichaelNumba1
With every piece of equipment there is a chance of it being misused. The only thing that prevents the common, rational man from doing the wrong thing with whatever, is either his conscience or the various punishments put in place to prevent the transgression.

By simply arguing that Electronics should not be allowed in school because they can be misused, just makes it possible to prevent the butter knife from being accessed by the public due to the possibility that someone might get stabbed by it.

You are ignoring the fact that passwords can be strengthened, and certain websites can be blocked. The activities of the learners can even be monitored by a teacher in charge of the class. And if any of the rules have been broken, then there will be punishments in place to deal with these actions.

Also, this behaviourism is due to the lack of exposure to this type of technology in the school environment.

Lastly, being in a technological era, where most of the career choices require that you be computer literate. Is it not beneficial to expose the future workers to this technology so that they can be equipped with some tools which can only aid them in their future.

Success is subject to utlising the most up-to-date aids in order to progress.