Preston
BlueAngel21

Should Elementary schoolers be aloud to have iPhones?

Preston

Pro

First round just accept
BlueAngel21

Con

Young children should not have IPhones because, they are irresponsible and will break the phone in no time at all. Where as middle and high students are more mature and careful. Young kids have no one to call or text besides parents. With an iPod the kid can text but, cannot call. You can still get games on your iPod and text therefore kids in elementary school should not have phones but, iPods instead.
Preston

Pro

Preston forfeited this round.
BlueAngel21

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round so I have nothing to rebuttal against.
Preston

Pro

Preston forfeited this round.
BlueAngel21

Con

BlueAngel21 forfeited this round.
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
sorry grandmother was in hospital this was the last thing on my mind
Posted by smartiehill 2 years ago
smartiehill
Firstly, I completely agree with the first agreement that they are costly and children can be irresponsible when it comes to this. But there comes a time when that child has to learn their responsibility. If the child wishes to have that phone then parents have the choice to make the child do chores or other activities which makes the child work for what they want. By doing this is makes the child value what they have worked for and in turn become more responsible with it. By teaching children this at an early age it is actually setting them up for later life to be able to not only persist in achieving something that they want to achieve but also making them more responsible in the process.
I am slightly confused as to what you are actually arguing within this point as you seem to contradict yourself by saying that children should have iPods instead so they can text but not call on them, so correct me if my interpretation is wrong. But I will rebut the main argument that you put forth which is that children have no one to text or call. Many children engage in sports, arts or other curricular activities after school and because of that it is important that children have a way to contact their parents, coaches and team mates. For example if football practice is cancelled then the children have a way not only to be informed about this but also inform others such as their team mates and parents. Children can also set up when they can go to their friends house, for let"s say a sleepover with a few other friends, and by having a phone or an iPhone they are able to send mass texts to people which makes it easier to communicate. Consequently this means that children do have people to contact and your point falls.
My final point is that iPhones are able to download apps which aid learning. For example there are many apps which help children to learn such as "Math Bingo". Because of this it creates a fun and engaging way for children to learn. Which this aids their learnin