The-Red-Outlaw
THEVIRUS

Should Euthanasia Be Legalised?

The-Red-Outlaw

Pro

Hello everyone! This is my first debate so advice and guidance would be much appreciated. I've decided on the topic to be on euthanasia and whether it should be legalised or not. I'm going on intinct to first state the definiton:

Euthanasia - (noun); the act of killing someone painlessly (especially someone suffering from an incurable illness)

Let's begin :)

Everyone has the right to decide how, when and if they should die. If someone suffering from a terrible illness that cannot be cured should be given the decision to be euthanised to prevent them from suffering further. It would put them out of thier misery and let them realize they can die peacefully and quickly.

Going through euthanasia, the pros outweigh the cons in some ways. Firstly, the high amount of funds of putting a patient on lifeline cut be cut down if they decide to be euthanised. Also the quality of life is no longer available for the patient if they are terminally ill, as the value of life decreaes.

Legalising euthanasia opens opportunities for many who are willing to die peacefully. It is an honourably safe procedure.

Source - http://www.smh.com.au...
THEVIRUS

Con

I am pro euthanasia, but let me explain.

The debate was put out as OPEN euthanasia. I disagree. If someone wants to commit suicide they shouldn't be allowed to be killed upon request. Also, old people in good condition except for memory have said they wish they could die so their family members didn't have to always be taking care of themselves.

Also, some parents might have kids with missing limbs or some other imparity or disease and decide they don't want it. Does the baby deserve to taste life for a few sobs just to be put down?

Euthanasia when ending an already dead person (fatally injured-will die in an hour but will writhe in agony the entire time) is okay, but any, open wide, unrestricted euthanasia cannot be permitted.
The-Red-Outlaw

Pro

The-Red-Outlaw forfeited this round.
THEVIRUS

Con

^^^

That

Vote for me,

Conduct - FF
Arguments - No refutation from Pro
The-Red-Outlaw

Pro

The-Red-Outlaw forfeited this round.
THEVIRUS

Con

The noob wanted to do a debate... and didn't show.
Posted by The-Red-Outlaw 3 years ago
The-Red-Outlaw
Yeah sorry, I couldn't figure an argument. But I have to say, you're good
Posted by THEVIRUS 3 years ago
THEVIRUS
Oh my god. This is the second time in a row. The noob loses first debate because of FF as instigator? please don't let this happen