ZachyDiz
utahjoker

Should Female Doctors Tend to Male Patients OR Male Doctors to Female Patients (No Matter the Age)?

utahjoker

ZachyDiz

Con

I am arguing the female doctors should not be allowed to tend to male patients no matter the age, unless they are infants. The rules for the debate are posted below.

1.) The first round will be for acceptance.
2.) The last round will be for reviewing past points. Introducing new points will not be allowed.
3.) Do not get off topic and bring up points that are not related or will not help with winning the debate.
4.) Sources are not needed for personal points, but if one is needed please cite.

Thank you to whoever accepts and have fun!
ZachyDiz

Con

The first point that I would like to bring up is that it is just inappropriate for male doctors to treat females and female doctors treat males. There are certain procedures that are being done during check-ups, I know about boys but I don't know about girls, that would be bad for the opposite sex to do. I know I said age doesn't matter but maybe if your older and more matured it could be allowed to a certain extent. younger boys who minds are on girls and related subjects to me are not mature enough to handle a female touching their private parts, or a boy seeing a girl half naked, or whatever goes on in there. If the are too young to know what is going on, or too old to think that males treating males, or females treating females, is too weird, than I believe it is okay. But the teen and young adult generation should get different gender doctors.
utahjoker

Pro

A male doctor treating a female patient or a female doctor treating a male patient should all be up to the patient. Some patients would like the same gender doctor treating them or some patients would like to have an opposite gender doctor. It is all up to the patient to decide or to the parent of the child. I believe my opponent's main fear is all sexual. That either the doctor or the patient would be unable to control themselves in the site of the opposite gender, but what about homosexuals. Should a homosexual doctor treat only the opposite sex because they are attracted to the same sex. The problem is that this debate is not black and white. Female doctors should treat male patients that want a male doctor and a male doctor should treat female patients that want male doctor. If the parent of the child would like a doctor of the opposite sex or the same sex because of certain reasons all are reasonable.

Health is a personal subject. Being that it is personal should be up to the patient to decide the gender of their doctor whether it be the opposite or same to there own gender.
ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.
utahjoker

Pro

I extend my arguments
ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.
utahjoker

Pro

Extend arguments
ZachyDiz

Con

ZachyDiz forfeited this round.
Posted by Gordontrek 3 years ago
Gordontrek
....This has caught my attention. True, most people say they are more comfortable with doctors of the same gender, myself included, but it's not the end of the world for me if I am treated by a female doctor. Maybe the patients should have a say in which doctor treats them, but I don't see the point in actually barring female doctors from treating males, and male doctors from treating females. Maybe it should be up to the patient? Seriously, many people have doctors of the opposite gender and have been seeing them for years. Introducing a new law such as this would only create massive complications. And to be quite honest, if I had a serious medical problem and I had to choose between a male doctor and a female doctor, and the female doctor was more qualified, then I'd pick the female doctor in a blink of an eye!
Posted by LYSSMYSTIC 3 years ago
LYSSMYSTIC
In my personal opinion I would feel more comfortable as the patient if my doctor was of the same sex. I feel as though it is safer that way especially if the child is young and can be easily manipulated.
Posted by ZachyDiz 3 years ago
ZachyDiz
Sorry now that I look at this I realize you are right. I basically mean that the opposite gender should not be allowed to tend to the other gender. That means, a male doctor should tend to males and not females, and females should tend to females and not males.
Posted by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
Why is this one-sided? Is it your position that MALE doctors can treat females, but not vice versa?
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
ZachyDizutahjokerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff
Vote Placed by TheHitchslap 3 years ago
TheHitchslap
ZachyDizutahjokerTied
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
ZachyDizutahjokerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Very tempted to votebomb this one... In essence con's argument is this ", or whatever goes on in there." Having worked as a medic, the resolution itself was a joke due to basic problems of supply and demand (granted certain types of doctors, are probably best if the same sex). Anyway con's FF is why my vote goes in, as biased as it is.