Mariodude34500
JohnSmythe

Should Financial abortion

Mariodude34500 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

Mariodude34500

Pro

This debate is about if Financial abortion should be legal or not. I'm will argue that it should and my opponent should argue that it shouldn't.

If you don't know financial abortion is the idea that a father should be able to opt out of being a parent before the baby is born. So before a certain point in the pregnancy the father can choose to opt out of any responsibility for the child. So no child support essentially. In exchange he gives up all rights of a father visitation, tax benefits, any right to be involved in the kids life and it's irreversible.

My main reason for being is favor of this is equality. Women have many options to get out of being a parent. ( Plan B, Abortion, giving the kid up for adoption etc.) I think men should also have a right to not have to be a parent if they choose the same as women.
JohnSmythe

Con

You asked whether it should be legal. I'm not interested in assuming that abortion itself must be legal, and therefore won't be engaging in this equality argument.

In fairness to Pro, he was probably expecting the debate on this grounds, and so I'll let him make his case. Why should abortion in and of itself be legal in all cases, seeing it is a necessary precondition of a financial abortion?
Mariodude34500

Pro

Not what i'm looking to debate.
JohnSmythe

Con

"This debate is about if Financial abortion should be legal or not."

That's what you wanted to debate. If abortion weren't legal in all but extraordinary cases, financial abortion would not be either.
Posted by JohnSmythe 3 weeks ago
JohnSmythe

That's what you wanted to debate. If abortion weren't legal in all but extraordinary cases, financial abortion would not either.