MazaParaza
Muhammad.Ans

Should Gaming be Considered A Sport?

Started: 1/28/2016 Category: Games

MazaParaza

Pro

Hey guys! This debate will be on the topic of, "Should Gaming be Considered A Sport?"

Round 1: Acceptance.
Round 2: Argument.
Round 3: Rebuttal.
Round 4: Closing Statement.

Cheers!
Muhammad.Ans

Con

Although most people in the world enjoy gaming but it isn't a sport and for good reasons. Most who play on consoles or PCs have invested a lot of money and time setting up their gaming desks or rooms to an extent that they have started to value their work as investing in a sport because before coming to any conclusion(about what useful thing they have spent their money on,which they probably haven't) they would think that "is this a satisfying argument that would convince the people who observe me that I'm spending on something useful." All the console and PC gamers would only come to one common conclusion that people seem to buy,"WE ARE PLAYING A SPORT" or,"WE SPENT OUR MONEY ON SPORTS."I'll let you know that if I don't respect that because if you are doing something productive you don't have to prepare for people to ask you question but if u know that you are doing something that is productive but after a certain amount of time it loses its productivity value you know that you have to find an excuse for an answer to the questions you will be asked. Now let me tell you why these questions come because people don't want to see another person get a Repetitive strain injury. Now gaming can't be considered a sport because sports are supposed to keep you fit, healthy, and it helps us use the stored glycogen in our body in the most productive way. Sports is supposed to help us get competitive and get that sportsman spirit and display that in every step of our life but so does gaming but excessive gaming leads to strain injury. Now I agree that excessive sports does lead to injuries but not neural injuries(excessive gaming leads to neural injuries). Sports is a source of health and a build up of good character no matter how many injuries it takes to build that character while gaming further weakens our nervous systems and blinds us from understanding what competitive gaming is teaching us, basically gaming is its own disadvantage and it cannot be considered a sport if it weakens our comprehension of what sports is supposed to teach us.
MazaParaza

Pro

MazaParaza forfeited this round.
Muhammad.Ans

Con

Muhammad.Ans forfeited this round.
MazaParaza

Pro

MazaParaza forfeited this round.
Muhammad.Ans

Con

Muhammad.Ans forfeited this round.
MazaParaza

Pro

MazaParaza forfeited this round.
Muhammad.Ans

Con

Muhammad.Ans forfeited this round.
Posted by Suuu 1 year ago
Suuu
The brain is not a muscle.
Posted by AlexDeGreat 1 year ago
AlexDeGreat
I'm pro for this debate because, the definition of a sport in the Webster dictionary is, an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. And a lot of people see the activity involving physical exertion part and say well gaming is not active ,but your brain is a muscle so when you are using it you are doing physical exercise. Now I'm not saying that all video games should be a sport but just most MOBA (Multilayer Online Battle Arenas) because I know in those that you have to use teamwork to win.