lissy20
Sundaii

Should Gay Couples Be Allowed to Adopt

lissy20

Pro

I am a heterosexual female and i believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, etc. I feel that gay couples should have the right to adopt because we are all humans and should have the same rights. If that is what they want and it makes them happy then they should adopt without being judged by society or their families. Society is changing and people are not just fitting in the "traditional" nuclear family. In many states it is now approved for them to get married, so why not let them adopt. They should be able to enjoy raising a child like a heterosexual couple. If they love each other they will be able to raise a child. I feel that they will be able to provide a loving, nurturing, and stable environment. Many a times one of the partners is already the biological parent, so the other partner just takes the child as their own.
Sundaii

Con

Hey lissy20 I accept this challenge!! To be frank with you I strongly disagree with same sex adoption. Let me say one thing I'm not judging gays or lesbians couples. We are all human being and if we love someone and show our, emotion, kindness, and respect towards one another then that's fine. And yes it can be true that same sex couple can share their love and joy with their adoptive children, however its not human nature for same sex couple to raise a child on their own. Same sex couple do not have the same qualities as a man and a woman would have in raising children. Children's are always going to need a female and male figure in there household. And to have a stable home and raise well rounded good children you need a man and a woman. :)
lissy20

Pro

I am a heterosexual female and I believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, etc. I feel that gay couples should have the right to adopt because we are all humans and should have the same rights. If that is what they want and it makes them happy then they should adopt without being judged by society or their families. Society is changing and people are not just fitting in the "traditional" nuclear family. In many states it is now approved for them to get married, so why not let them adopt. They should be able to enjoy raising a child like a heterosexual couple. If they love each other they will be able to raise a child. I feel that they will be able to provide a loving, nurturing, and stable environment. Many a times one of the partners is already the biological parent, so the other partner just takes the child as their own.

I do not think that you need a man and a woman to raise a child. I think that gay couples form relationships that are more stable than heterosexual marriages. These children will be brought up in a healthy environment. We have to try to overcome this type of discrimination. I also feel that these children will be brought up in an open environment. They will be less racist and prejudice towards society and people. Many children are also being raised by one parent only during these times. They have to struggle financially and emotionally to raise kids. If a gay couple wants to adopt, then that child will have the advantage of having full time parents. I also feel that it is better for a child to be raised by gay couples then by heterosexual parents who always fight and stay in the relationship because of the kids. What would the kids learn in this type of household? They will learn to be rude, stubborn and be angry most of the time.
Sundaii

Con

Well I'm going to start off by saying that same sex couple aren't going to have the skills that a man and female parent would. For children to grow up to be well-balanced adults, they are going to need role models of both sexes. Furthermore its not going to be a stable home for the children to be raised with same sex parents because children will be subject to ridicule and shunned by their peers for being different from them the rest of the world.;)
lissy20

Pro

I think that these children will learn from their parents to be good human beings. Like I said before, they do not need a man and a woman to be good people.
If that were true, only a small percentage of people would be "right" in the world, since divorce and single parenting is so common today.
They can learn from society and their peers. They might be subjected to ridicule, but I feel that these types of incidents will make them stronger. There are so many kids that are in foster homes. I think it would be better if the adoptive children stayed in a gay household than in a foster care. I do not see anything wrong when a man or a woman want to express their identities. This is who they are and we are no one to judge them. I also think the child will embrace his diversity and be happy of who they really are. They will be positive and learn to see the world in many points of views, not just the same, typical view that I grew up in. I grew up in a Catholic household, but I've learned to accept many ideas and views from other people. Many of times, my parents do not agree with what I feel and think, but as long as I am happy and confident then I will be happy.
Sundaii

Con

Sundaii forfeited this round.